Jensen's age

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Ethan's age

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

30 October 2007

Potty Training: Part 2

17 months, 1 week & 1 day old.....

We went to My Dear warehouse sale over the weekend and bought a potty for Ethan. It looks similar to the one from Graco shown in my previous post but has less feature. The seat cannot be removed from the potty to be put on the WC. They have at least 10 types of potty in the warehouse but none has a removable seat. So, we chose one that looks like a chair. Actually, hubby made the selection and I'm ok with it. We also bought a safety gate since I have to return the current one to my sister sooner or later. Oh ya! the potty was selling at RM39 only, after discounts.

I let Ethan to sit on it but as usual he can't sit still. The only way I can make him sit longer is to let him play in the bathroom. So, once I know he has started to poo, I stripped him off except with the diaper on and put him on the potty. He cannot tell us yet when he wants to poo so the only way we can find out is from his expression.

He can sit on the potty as long as the water from the tap is running. Hubby thought I was crazy when I asked him to give me the camera and took photos of Ethan sitting on a potty.

ethan.1
From the look on his face, you can tell Ethan thought I'm crazy too.

P/S: Thanks to Sasha for the lovely animation!


16 comments:

jazzmint said...

haha i like the 2nd pic :P. boys love water huh, mine also

Nadia said...

Haha! Why you disturb him doing his business? LOL!

Sasha Tan said...

Hahaha i wanted to go to the sale too but i was away from KL.

He is saying MUM, don't u get it? I need some privacy here!

TheBlueRanger said...

jazzmint,
hehehe...easy to get them to shower but hard to get them out

nadia,
wei, i have to sit there and watch him, nothing to do so took photos lor

sasha,
thanks again for the animation...hehehe at least i did not exposed him naked.

i was at the sale for the first time and regretted it so much! should went before ethan was born. can save a lot.

Baby Darren said...

I know about the w/h sales but thought nothing much to buy so didn't go. Such a waste.....i wanted to get something similar for darren too... RM30 good buy lah.

Ethan looked so cute sitting at the potty, especially the frowning one. hehe....

TheBlueRanger said...

baby darren,
the sales will end this sunday, if i'm not mistaken. don't miss it! :-)

Lady Gargle said...

Awwww look at his face :D he still looks so adorable even when on his potty.

Oh my I wonder what he'll say when he grows up and see that he's mommy has poste his potty picyure online heheheheh!

LHS said...

woo..he is very cute. the animation so nice too!

TheBlueRanger said...

Frankensteina,
Lets hope he will be cool about it

TheBlueRanger said...

Huisia,
Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Congrats! At least you found a way to make Ethan stay put. My efforts on Ryan's potty training 'tergendala' already. I just can't get him sit still for more than 5 secs! :(

TheBlueRanger said...

Etc-mom,
Not sure if my idea gives what i want coz ethan uses it as an excuse to play water. Just now when i pull off his pants he zoomed to the room and carry his potty waiting in front of the bathroom door, indicating 'play time!'.

Anonymous said...

Hi BR--looks like he doesn't want to be disturbed (smile)! The photo before the angry look is so cute.

TheBlueRanger said...

the new parent,
hehehe.....and thanks!

Sarah said...

Hehe, I'm also like you. Every time also I want to take pictures of my son. Btw, that's a nice looking potty you got there.

TheBlueRanger said...

phantasma,
we just can't get enough of our son hahaha!