Jensen's age

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Ethan's age

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

22 October 2007

Happy 17 Months!


Today Ethan is 17 months old. The more he grows the more I miss his babyhood. The thing I miss the most is the times I cuddled him to sleep in my arms. He will not let me do it now as he likes to move around a lot. Sometimes, I feel he's so grown up especially when he communicates and interacts with us. He can understand what we tell him most of the time and can express himself pretty well. If we ask him 'Where is your ball ball?', he will look at us for a moment as if to interpret what we say and then look for the balls. If he cannot find the balls, he will look at us and says 'Uh Oh!' and turns his wrist. He can tells us what he wants and does not want. If he doesn't want/like a thing, he will say 'Noe Noe Noe' and shakes his head at the same time. Sometimes he frowns too!

Persons he can address are (in sequence of first learnt to the latest word he picked up):
  • dau dau (my mum's dog) - jealous! the first person/living creature he can call
  • poh poh (grandma)
  • aah eeee (my sisters)
  • da deee (daddy)
  • ka kak
  • mei mei (girls younger than him)
  • ma mei (mummy) - and I'm the last
Other new words he picked up are:
  • noe noe noe (no)
  • yae (yes)
  • car (also known as brrrrrrrrrr)
Another thing he likes to do is to imitate us. Things he had done so far are:
  • put cotton bud to his ear (I clean his ear with cotton bud. Now I have to do it when he sleeps to avoid him putting things into his ear.)
  • put the bulb syringe to his nose (after we used that to suck the mucous from his nose)
  • used the wooden stick to take balls underneath the cabinet
  • fed himself with a spoon (or hand if the attempt with spoon fails)
  • pushed his stroller/trolley
  • pressed his nose with his thumb and index finger when we say 'eeeeeee smelly'
Other updates are as follows:
  • Height: 78-79cm
  • Weight: 10.6kg
  • Milk intake: Average 3-4 times/day, 4-6 oz/feed
  • Solid: 2-3 times/day (porridge for weekdays & rice with soup at weekends)
  • Potty training: started at home but refused to sit for long
  • Night feeding: once at around 5-6 a.m. (last feed at around 8 p.m. before he sleeps)
  • Supplements: Cod liver oil (Scott's Emulsion natural flavour) & Colostrum pills
  • Daily Snacks: Yoghurt, fruits & biscuits

8 comments:

Lady Gargle said...

Happy 17th month Ethan! :) I used to take Scott's Emulsion too when I was a child and I remember spitting it out everything my Mom tried to give me the cod liver oil because it was yucky heheheheh!

Nadia said...

Happy 17 months, Ethan! :) Irfan doesn't mind taking the Scott's natural flavour too. Although I used to hate it! Bah!

Baby Darren said...

Happy 17 mths, Ethan!!

Wah...u can call so many people and know so many things. Darren still cannot lah...you are really a smart boy!!

Nina @ BabyBoon said...

happy belated 17 months ethan! ohmygoodness what a big boy you're becoming.

Anonymous said...

I couldn't agree more on the part how much you missed Ethan's babyhood. Arrghhh.. same here. Time really really flies. It's scary!

Happy 17 Months to Ethan!

TheBlueRanger said...

frankensteina,
Thanks! I don't like the taste too, even now.

nadia,
Thanks! Hope their taste bud will not change so fast.

baby darren,
Thanks! I guess Ethan is more talkative lor

babybooned,
Thanks! Yes, he is.

etc-mommy,
Thanks!

SAHMmy Says said...

My son said "Mama" last too--what's the deal? Maybe because Mama is always there; he doesn't need to call her :) I look forward to many of the tasks your little one is doing now (my daughter is one) but am already missing my helpless baby!

TheBlueRanger said...

hi sahmmy,

thanks for dropping by my blog.

what you said make sense. my son will not call the person when he/she is around.