Jensen's age

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Ethan's age

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

25 June 2010

Reading in Mandarin

49 months & 3 days old.....

Ethan can read in Mandarin pretty good now. He brought back a book from school one day (that was few months back) and started to read to me. I was very very surprised that he can read in Mandarin. Although he understands Mandarin, he speak very little Mandarin. At that time, I wasn't sure if he memorise the words or he can really recognise them. So, I write some of the words (the simple ones) on a piece of paper and asked him what they were. I'm happy that he can tell me the words. It means he can recognise them.

I'm so glad he picks up Mandarin quite well at school now as I intend to send him to a Chinese primary school later. I always got scolding from people for not teaching him. How to teach lar when my Mandarin is so lousy and I don't even know some of the words in his books. Yesterday, he brought a new book (same series with the first one he brought back but this one is higher level). I quickly took a video of that so that I can post it here. I took a video too the first time he read in Mandarin but I couldn't find it now :-(


2 comments:

Unknown said...

very good. must get him more mandarin book. this meng meng n lili book quite famous almost all Kids has it. when u free on which weekend we must out for lunch or dinner. long time didn't see Ethan.

TheBlueRanger said...

same like 'peter & jane' lor..i find these 2 series very good. i tried to look for other chinese books but the moment i opened them, i put them back immediately. i can't read most of the words and there is no 'pin yin'

yeah, we haven't meet for quite some time. will buzz you