Jensen's age

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Ethan's age

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

14 November 2007

It Is Not So Tough After All

17 months, 3 weeks & 2 days old.....

Hubby is away for a 2-days/1-night business trip to the Northern states. Last night, me and Ethan slept alone. The last few rounds when hubby was away, I will put up the night at my mum's place. If it happens in between Monday and Wednesday, I have to change the arrangement with the daycare so that Ethan goes there on some other days. I don't feel like changing the schedule this time. So, we stayed at home, without hubby.

At first, the plan was to go home shower and then go out to pack my dinner before picking up Ethan. That was the plan until 5p.m. When I left the office, it was raining cats and dogs! But as I approached my area, the sky was still dark and it wasn't raining yet. I was thinking if I go home first and then go out, I'm sure by that time, it will be raining already. I don't want Ethan to get wet. Furthermore, I don't think I can manage to hold two bags (mine and Ethan's), my dinner, Ethan and an umbrella with my two muscle-less hands.

In the end, I went straight to the daycare and headed straight home. Before I reached the daycare my mind was already thinking on what to eat and how to shower with Ethan around. I don't want the same incident to happen again. To make things simple, we took shower together. No, he did not bang his head this time. I put him on his potty and let him play with the tap while I took my quick shower. First hurdle was completed without much problem.

Then, it's my dinner. What's easier than a pack of instant noodle, right? Since I did not take it often, it's ok to have a pack for dinner. Before that, I fed Ethan yoghurt and gave him cod liver oil. While I ate, Ethan sat on his high chair watching Barney. Gave him biscuits and some toys and my dinner was a bliss.

As usual, I gave him a bottle of milk and tucked him to bed at 8p.m. I fell asleep too in the process but have to force myself up to clean up the mess. The dishes were still in sink and toys all over the living hall. Clothes folded but were left on the sofa. Washed the milk bottle and prepared Ethan's stuff for the next day. Everyday, I pack two sets of clothes, a bottle of water, pacifier and some biscuits for Ethan to bring to the daycare. Like going to school hor?. If he goes to my mum's place, I just bring a pacifier. After finishing the chores, I washed my hair and called it a day.

See, not difficult at all right? The rule of thumb is I must do everything with Ethan by my side within a 1-metre radius. And, I must be visible. If either one of the above rules is not met, he will come running towards me, crying.

Sweet dreams...

This morning, he woke up and said 'Ehhhh daddy eh?'. He searched for a while and I told him 'No daddy, daddy not at home'. He then turned his wrist and said 'uuhh ohhh'. That's the way he says no more/finish.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well done both mommy and Ethan. Daddy is sure proud of the achievement. :D

Sasha Tan said...

U see ah. Mother is always like so BUSY. How come the man come home, bath, eat and play with children and go sleep. And we gotto make sure the dishes are washed and yadayadayada.

Okay enough of ranting.

Luckily this time u no need to squat and mandi with him. hehheeh

jazzmint said...

oh hehe that's great.....one nite kow tim ;)

Nina @ BabyBoon said...

heheh i too remember the time when u had to squat and mandi with him :p but this time sounds much better, so well done ethan's mummy!

by the way i gotta say that that "uhhh ohhh" think is too cute!

TheBlueRanger said...

etc-mommy,
thanks *beaming*

sasha,
aiyor, the squatting incident a bit embarrassing lar

jazzmint,
yeah, luckily only one night. if more, sure 'tapau' my stuff and go to mum's place

babybooned,
alamak! u also remember ka??

if i manage to capture a video on that, i post for you ok..

Baby Darren said...

wah...ethan can call daddy already?? waiting for the video when he said uuhh ohh...haha..he must be cute..

good job mommy and Ethan was such a good boy never give mommy problem when daddy not around....thumbs up for both of u!!

TheBlueRanger said...

baby darren,
oh, thank you very much.

eh, you also want to see ar? looks like i got homework already

LHS said...

as a mother, always sounds like more busier than father :)

can say daddy, then how about mommy?

TheBlueRanger said...

it happens to you too?

he can say 'ma mei' but prefers to say 'da dee' more. how sad.

Kelly said...

Wow! long time didnt see your Ethan...and he is so big now! time flies!

TheBlueRanger said...

yeah, same like your two girls.