Jensen's age

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Ethan's age

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

09 February 2007

Messy Affair

I was left at home with Ethan on Wednesday night as hubby needed to go to Penang for work. I knew I can survive that one night and I also knew it will be a messy ordeal. Let's go step by step, ok?

First of all, I need to carry two bags and Ethan and open the grill and door with Ethan trying hard to grab the keys on my hand. It ended up as I imagined but was ok as nothing fell from my hands.

After changing, I went to prepare Ethan's porridge and my dinner (macaroni and mushroom soup). Ethan will cry whenever I'm in kitchen coz that's the only place he cannot enter. No choice on that day. So, I let him sit in the walker in the kitchen, lock the rollers so that it can't move and give him things (containers, utensils, etc. whatever I can get in the kitchen) to bite and throw and bite and throw...just to keep him quiet. In the end, all the things ended up on the kitchen floor. I still had to keep an eye on him coz he knows how to pull himself up the walker with his tummy on the walker's tray and legs half-way up the seat. I think I need to stop putting him in the walker....sigh...have to chase him around ler when he crawls. He was in the kitchen with me the whole time until the porridge was done.

Cooking done. Let Ethan play with his toys on the floor in the living hall while I tried to eat. I was seating next to him on the floor and put my bowl on his walker's tray. The naughty fellow kept coming to me and wanted to play with my dinner. Somehow, he managed to pull my spoon and spill a spoonful of my macaroni on the walker and my clothes. Sigh...what a mess..Then I tried to distract him with his toys while quickly gobbled down my dinner.

Porridge time. He finished everything but some were left on his face, hands, walker and floor. Messy!

Shower time. I've decided to shower together. Big mistake! Ethan was sitting on the floor, naked, with his hands holding his little bath tub, while I stand to get the shower head and turn it on. BOIINNKKKK! He fell on the floor. Aiyor....so, I quickly grab him lar but somehow managed to hold on to the shower head in between us. Damn...I was drenched in my clothes. After patting him for a while, he stopped crying. So, I quickly continue my shower while squatting down near Ethan. Scared that he will fall again. Then, I quickly stand up to take the shower gel and BOINNKKKK! again. Damn stupid mother! This time inside the bath tub with 1-inch deep of water. He was scared and cried a little. Really stupid me! But I still have continue with my shower to wash away the soap on my body mar. After that, I quickly dressed him up with water still dripping from my body. Yaaiiikk....damn messy!

Sleeping time. Yay! Managed to put him to sleep at around 8.30 p.m. After that still have to clean up the mess - porridge on the walker and floor, wet clothes in the bathroom, boil his bottles, put his milk, bottles, water and hot water in the room for his night feeding, fold the clothes, pack his clothes for the next day at the nursery and finally.......shampoo my hair!!

Hubby, I really miss you on that day....

12 comments:

Sasha Tan said...

HAHAHA u made me laff so loud! Esp the part where u say u squat and mandi together. Adoi Adoi. Never mandi with a baby together la...coz different timing ma. We of cos mandi longer but they cannot. Luckily never catch cold. Jayden also can pull himself up the walker edi. In fact his stunts..make his nanny wanna pengsan edi.

TheBlueRanger said...

that's why i shower fast fast lor, and shampoo my hair later, scared he will catch cold...messy hor?

hahh, jayden also did that ar?

CL said...

Hi, first time drop by. My baby girl, Malaika was born on the same day as Ethan.

I totally understand your situation cause my hubby went to Singapore for 2 days last week and I was all alone with Malaika.

Jessie Woo said...

Hi there .. I m Jessie. Agree with Sasha .. we cant bath with baby as is dangerous. Both also wet and slippery. Do careful yeah next time !!

Pinky said...

I presume you dun have a live-in maid like me. Yeah it can be quite challenging when alone with an active toddler.. Jeremy is just about as mischief as Ethan I guess *lol*. When hubby has to work during the weekend, me left with the baby too. Sometimes, I even miss breakfast cos my hands are full doing just about everything for him i.e sterilise bottles, cook porridge, draw a bath for him, wash his clothes and etc

Mommibee says HI from Sydney said...

poor u! glad ethan was alright. ur hubby must be of great help the times he is home :D i'm used to "one-leg-kick" everything with baby when hubs plays cricket on Sats and he only came home after i "kautim" and put baby to zzZZZ at 7pm

Nadia said...

Oh dear! I hope the both of you are doing fine. I usually would sit Irfan on this sink or in his tub and shower him. He's quite distracted with the shower head or his rubber duckie. So far he's been good during his mandi time. =) Get Ethan a toy or something that he can play with while u mandi him. It'll work wonders!

TheBlueRanger said...

Hello Malaika's mummy,
Welcome to my blog. Eh, so 'ngam' ar, born on the same day. I guess you know my situation very well lar.

Jessie,
Oooohhh, no more shower together...learn my lesson well.

Pinky,
Sigh...my hubby also work on Saturday, sometimes only come back at 3pm and 'tapau' lunch for me.

G,
Yeah, especially when he is away.

Nadia,
We gave him toys but he wants the shower head..

Baby Darren said...

oh..stressful har taking care of an active baby all alone? it's definately not easy especially if you are not used to it..they required almost 100% of our attention. We need to be multi-tasking all the time..haha..anyway, is a good experience, isn't it?

TheBlueRanger said...

salute to all SAHM...

jazzmint said...

aiyoo..so kesian in the bathroom...get a non slip mat and put inside their bath tub, then won't sleep ler. I used to shower together with faythe oso liddat.

TheBlueRanger said...

Actually, I have the mat in the bathroom but don't know why I did not use it. Really really stupid me.