Jensen's age

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Ethan's age

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

02 April 2007

Separation Anxiety

Ethan has been super clingy recently. I think he must be experiencing separation anxiety now. What puzzled me is how come he only clings to me? He doesn't even want daddy. He clings to me like koala bear and will cry if I'm out of his sight. It's even worse during his sleep time. That day, I went to shower leaving him and hubby in the bedroom. He cried and cried and cried until I came out of the bathroom and carried him. He sounded really 'kesian'. The same thing happened the next evening. My heart really melted when I knew he cried for me even when daddy was around. So I teased hubby and said that 'Ethan wants mummy, doesn't want daddy'....hehehe, so wicked. Hubby was like half agreeing half denying. At first he kept quiet and then he said that it will be easier for him. Hmmmm, true or not? No heart ache mer?

I read an article on this, here, and it says never leave a child by sneaking away as it will create more anxiety. Errr, I have been doing this because I thought that's the only way that can prevent Ethan from crying. But of course, I leave after saying goodbye and kissing him without fail everyday. Then, they will carry him (while he grabs onto my clothes tightly) and distract him while I quickly sneak away. Sometimes, I will stay for a while and play with him before sneaking out. At times, I just felt so bad that I have to leave him while he's crying. I wonder if men will feel the same as we mothers do or are we just too emotional. I still remember myself crying on the first day we left Ethan at the day care. I guess I was having separation anxiety too.

6 comments:

etceteramommy said...

Ooh... I totally understand how u feel.. Hopefully Ethan will outgrow it soon...

jazzmint said...

well, i think it's oni starting. my girl's (who is 2+ now) is getting worse. sometimes go toilet oso gotta carry her...gosh!!!

Lemonjude said...

As my boy grow he also like that, wants me to carry, don't want daddy and cry for carry also when I'm busying around the house. Hope it won't get worse as he grow.

You have been tag ;)

Nadia said...

Irfan's more clingy to his papa. Hehe. I'm saved! ;)

Baby Darren said...

oh yeah..even we parents suffer separation anxiety. I can;t leave darren with anyone as I would miss him SO MUCH.

Sasha Tan said...

its like a season wan la....sekejap like this sekejap like dat ..normal la