Jensen's age

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Ethan's age

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

10 April 2007

A Little Accident

I received a call from the day care owner, M, last Friday morning. As usual, every time I receive her call, my heart beat will increase by double in split seconds. You know, they won't be calling to tell you that your son was crawling for the first time or your son enjoys the music class. There must be something....something not desirable that have just happened to your son.

So, M told me that there was a red spot on Ethan's left eye. She said it's not very serious but advised me to bring Ethan to the doctor. I wasn't very sure of what happened to Ethan. Being the usual me, I cannot wait until the evening to find out what happened to my baby. I zoomed off to the day care and saw the red spot, more like a blood spot. That worried me. I quickly called the clinic to make an appointment and off we went to see the paed.

The paed said the blood vessels burst and it was caused by trauma. Either Ethan was rubbing his eye too hard or he knocked on something but he's ok and can see things as usual. What a relief. He said the red spot will go away by itself within a week and medication is not necessary. He was perfectly normal that morning and I'm sure he didn't knock on anything at home. So I thought he must have either rubbed his eye too hard or knocked on something at the daycare. On Sunday, we noticed that there was a little greyish area under his left eye. I think this confirmed that he knocked on something lar.

I've been telling myself that kids do get bruises from time to time especially when they start crawling and walking and 'please don't be panick'. But when things like this really happen, I guess I cannot just be cool about it.

Look at the red spot on his left eye.
He was watching Barney at that time.


A little stunt that Ethan likes to perform

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh no!!!!
u still can tahan until evening yeah... if me, take half day and zoom there liao!!!!

hope the red spot go away soon... i see also sakit hati... ish! but very glad everything is ok....

Nadia said...

OH NO!!!!!! Poor Ethan! Yeah, damn sakit hati, right? :(

Anyway, the contact the Lilian (the cake lady) is lil@myjaring.net or 0163333088. Email her for quotations and she'll send you all the beautiful pictures and you'll rambang mata! Hahahahaha..

Enjoy planning! ;)

Nadia said...

I was going to say .... the contact FOR Lilian.....

Typo sucks! :P

Lemonjude said...

my boy next week 11 months old still couldn't do any stunt, only crawling flat on the floor...swimming style.. *roll eye*

Anonymous said...

this is scary. My sean fall off bed.. bleeding.. alot

Mommibee says HI from Sydney said...

i feel ur pain too! Poor Ethan, get well soon. Red spot pls go away quickly!

etceteramommy said...

Dont worry.. my boy had the same thing before. It will go away in a few days...

CL said...

Hope the red spot go away soon. Poor Ethan.

Did he get the red spot from the day care?

TheBlueRanger said...

Shannon,
I went there right after I put down the phone. Can't wait. I'm very 'kan cheong' type of person.

He is ok now.

Nadia,
Yeah and thanks for the info. I saw the photos already, in fact again and again. Very nice cakes. Still don't know which one to order.

Judy,
Don't worry, he will have lots of tricks soon.

Nicole,
Oh dear, hope he is ok now.

G,
He's ok now, thanks.

Etc mommy,
Ok...

Malaika's mummy,
I suspect so.

Nina @ BabyBoon said...

ethan just grows more and more beautiful la :) and his progress is really great too! can stand and do stunts already! hope his eye will get well soon.

TheBlueRanger said...

Babybooner,
Welcome to my blog and Thanks. Ethan is ok now. The spot is gone.

Anonymous said...

i would be so mad and overly 'kan cheong' when this thing happened OUTSIDE my compound/eyesight. there would be someone to blame & curse! i think i would bulldozer that childcare centre up the ceiling! intolerant mother i am!

Sarah said...

Read all the comments and glad to know that your son is okay!!!