Jensen's age

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Ethan's age

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

28 March 2007

No Luck

We went to interview the nannies on Thursday night. Both of them claimed to have 10-20 years of experience in babysitting. The first nanny is quite pleasant. She is taking care of two toddlers at the moment, a 2-year-old girl and a 1-year old boy (turning 2 soon). I don't mind about having other kids around. Her husband has just retired and help her out at home. She agrees to feed Ethan twice a day and wanted to charge RM600/month (Mon-Fri). The only thing that I don't like is the children will be confined to the dining cum kitchen area the whole day and they cook almost everyday. I asked her "What about the children when you cook?" She said "Oh, no problem one, we open the windows, so the smoke will go out". I was like *Errr, not dangerous meh? Children playing there while you cook. Somemore, the kitchen must be oily one mar because you cook so often*. I cannot imagine lar. Even at home we do not allow Ethan to go into the kitchen. No lar.

The second nanny is a very typical 'see lai' (housewife) and is a bit rough. Her husband has also retired and help her out at home. She is taking care of a 3-year-old girl. She said she just wanted another companion, that's why looking for another child to babysit. After saying that, she wanted to charge me RM650/month (Mon-Fri) including two times of porridge per day. Somemore, wanted me to pay deposit to confirm. She said "You know ar, things are very expensive now, gas, tomato, vege". No mention about meat or fish for the porridge. We noticed that the house was not so clean and I spotted her soles were dirty, greyish dark. Ethan is in the crawling stage now and likes to pick up things from the floor and put into his mouth. Aiyerrr, cannot lar. I also asked her "So, you cannot go out lor when taking care of the kids". She said "No lar, I don't go out during weekdays, I don't play mahjong also. Only that sometimes I bring the girl to the morning market". Errrr, something I don't quite like lor. I think I will tell her not to do it with my son if we ever decide to take her. But, judging from her personality, I think she will scold me back if I ever complain anything about her babysitting style.

So, in the end, we decided to reject both of them. In the meantime, we are giving Ethan multivitamins in the hope of boosting his immune system.

9 comments:

Nadia said...

I'm so sorry to hear that. I hope it'll be easier for you to find a reliable nanny.

We just found out Irfan has HFMD too. How long did Ethan take to recover?

Sasha Tan said...

sigh..slowly la...wish u all the best

etceteramommy said...

It's really not easy to find a good nanny. The one I hv now is also not perfect. Hv to gv and take lor. Importantly the person must be a caring person who loves children....All the best ya..

TheBlueRanger said...

Nadia,
Oh dear. It took slightly more than a week to recover. By the time you discovered, it's normally 2-3days already. Actually, my paed said it's not a serious thing, especially cases in West M'sia, and most of the time they will recover by themselves. So, don't worry too much. I think the party can go on as planned. Get well soon, Irfan. Kisses from Ethan.

Sasha,
Thanks.

Etcetera mommy,
Yeah, agree with what you said. Thanks.

Lemonjude said...

try to give some vitamins or supplement to improve his immune system. All the while I'm giving Terry the E.Excel Nutrifresh pack. 1 day half pack...So far so good...nutritious too..so far he only fall sick once, during the 10 months, the recent sick also not serious kind.

Anonymous said...

aiks... not easy to get good nanny leh... but i think having young toddlers around is not good, cuz they can sometimes be very rough and they don't know wat not to do...
also remember to check if the retired uncle uncle smokes or not...

CutiePrincessMummy said...

NVM, choosy better than sorry in future. Hope u may find a good one soon! Good luck frend. :)

jazzmint said...

aiyo if dirty kenot lahh....

TheBlueRanger said...

Judy,
I'm giving him multivits now.

Shannon,
Will check on the uncle next time. Thanks for reminding me.

Cutieprincessmummy,
Thanks.

Jazzmint,
Yeah lor.