Jensen's age

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Ethan's age

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

11 April 2007

Conversation with Ethan

I wonder if Ethan understands what we say now. This morning, he woke up at around 6a.m. and we fed him milk. After finishing, he refused to go back to sleep, so I played with him for a while when natures called. I asked hubby to keep an eye on Ethan and I went to the bathroom. Ethan started crying when he realised that I was gone. So, I have to let the bathroom door opened and talked to him. He saw me in the bathroom but refused to stop crying. Daddy was sitting next to him and talked to him. Tears rolled down his cheek. After I'm done I went back to him and he stopped crying. Fine.

Then, it's time for me to get ready for work. So I tried to talk to Ethan. He was playing with a toy by himself while I was sitting next to him on the bed. The conversation was like this:
Mummy: Ethan....
Ethan: (He turned and looked at mummy.)
Mummy: Ethan, mummy go shower there (I point to the bathroom). Ethan plays here with daddy (pointing to daddy) ok?
Ethan: Wuaaaahhhhhh! (He abandoned his toy and quickly crawled to mummy and hugged mummy).
Mummy: (Can he understand ar????? Nevermind, try again.)
Mummy: Ethan, mummy go shower, you play with daddy lar.
Ethan: Eeeehekhekhekkkkk...........

Seemed like he really understand what I said wor. Then, I asked hubby to take him out to the living hall and play so that I can go shower lar.
Daddy: Come, we go play outside. (He was sitting on the bed)
Ethan: (No response)
Mummy: Bee, you stand up lar.
Daddy: (Stand near the door and held out his hand) Come Ethan, we go out.
Ethan: (Quickly lean towards daddy)
Daddy and Mummy: (Looked at each other)

(He knows his toys are in the living room)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey mother, i think they start to understand us long time ago la..coz i started to scold ashley when she was around 2 months & she seems to understand my intention, the more i scold the more she scream purposely!& also during breastfeed, when i asked her to change side, she would release and go to the other side.

etceteramommy said...

Yes, agree with Esther la. I think they can understand us. Eventhough the dont understand the language, their able to grasp our tone, expression, gesture etc etc to make up what we were trying to say..

CutiePrincessMummy said...

Dun ever under-estimate their understanding of our says, eventhough they might not able to speak probably! Amazing rite?! Hehehe!