Jensen's age

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Ethan's age

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

01 March 2007

Ear Infection

My my....you see lar. Just recovered from the HFMD got ear infection pulak. Me and hubby were having dinner at a restaurant yesterday after picking Ethan up from the day care when I suddenly saw Ethan's right ear had one thick layer of yellow-brown wax. It was like 1mm thick and looked like the little yellow tube for bicylce tyre. If you know what I mean. So I immediately called up the clinic and made an appointment for Ethan at 6.45 pm.

The paed. said it was ear infection and is one of the complications caused by flu. He explained that babies ear tubes are horizontal and the fuid from the nose can easily flow to the ears. The fuid/mucous will break the ear drum and it is very painful. Eventually the fluid will come out from the ears. When the paed. clean Ethan's ear with a cotton bud, the inner layer of the fluid, which I initially thought was wax, was greenish in colour. It looked exactly like the mucous from his nose. Previosuly, when Ethan had flu, there were yellow-greenish things coming out from his eyes especially after sleep. So, this fluid from the nose can flow to his ears and eyes lar.

Now I know why he was super super cranky during the last weekend. Crying and wanted to be carried all the time. I have to shake him in my arms until he felt dizzy before he can calm down and sleep. No other methods work. Hubby cannot make him sleep. I don't know whether it was because he was lazy to shake Ethan like what I did or Ethan does not like Daddy's arm. Mummy's arm more flabby mar, more comfortable lor.

I was supposed to attend a gathering at my classmates house on Saturday night but I was too exhausted to attend after entertaining Ethan and cleaning the kitchen for the whole day. Can you imagine I have to listen to his cry while cleaning the kitchen for at least 3 hours. Hubby just cannot pacify him....ARGHHHHHHH....I also cried out of frustration after that. Almost wanted to pack my stuff and go to my mother's house with Ethan. But then, I thought why want to let him enjoy and stay at home leisurely ler. Want to suffer, suffer together lar. Right or not?

9 comments:

Sasha Tan said...

hey same thing happened to jayden and poor u ...so stressed up. Slowly ..take it easy

Baby Darren said...

totally understand how you feel. their cries really frustrate us... poor you and baby..hopefully he'll recover from the infection soon and back to his cute little self.

Mommibee says HI from Sydney said...

poor ethan. hope he is all well by now! 3 hrs crying is frustrating to listen to but I think ethan felt more frustrated :P, poor baby!

etceteramommy said...

Poor you, that 3 hours must have felt like forever.. but that's also becos Ethan was not well ma. Take a good rest this weekend and get well soon ya...

CL said...

After the HFM disease, now ear infection. Hope he is well by now.

Poor baby Ethan.

jazzmint said...

aiyoo poorthing, hope he recovers soon

Shannon said...

aiyo... sound very very stressing leh... u make sure u take good care also leh....

and kesian ethan... MUACKS MUACKS... auntie shannon sayang... get well fast fast ok???

TheBlueRanger said...

Dear All Mummies,
Ethan is well now. Me too. Thank you very much for your well wishes. It really helps to know that there are people out there who cares.

Anonymous said...

Olive oil can help in ear infection