Jensen's age

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Ethan's age

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

31 January 2007

Sad News

I called my good friend today and wanted to chit chat with her. She delivered a baby boy sometime in the end of December 2006. She told me that she was in the hospital because her son is sick. So I said 'Oh, fever ar?'. She said 'No, it's cancer'!!!!!!

OH MY GOD.....I was speechless for a moment. It's so cruel. Her son is only 1 month old. We chatted for a while after that and according to her the first test showed it's cancer and now she's getting second opinion to confirm it. I sat quietly for a moment and almost cried...Actually I did cried, in my heart, but tried to hold on my tears. I really really hope that it's not cancer (I will pray for you, my friend, I promise). How can a mother deal with this kind of news??

8 comments:

Sasha Tan said...

OMG! thats a poor thing. How come 1 month old got cancer? Pray that both the baby and mummy is alright.

Pinky said...

i can understand how you feel. An acquaintance of ours delivered her first child , a boy a month after Jeremy was born. The child was born with a cleft palate. I almost cried when i heard it, I remember rushing home to Jeremy and hugging him. Thank god he's ok now that he has undergone operations to correct the deformity. At the end of the day, all you want is a normal and healthy child, everything else does not matter.

TheBlueRanger said...

sasha,
i also don't know how? something to do with the muscle wor. will call her again next week and hopefully it will be good news.

pinky,
nod nod..agree lor..that's what i pray for when i was pregnant with ethan

Baby Darren said...

Oh..Can't imagine how the parents going to deal with this bad news. REally hope that it is a wrong diagnosis.

Mommibee says HI from Sydney said...

oh no, hope it's false alarm. poor baby and poor parents! this is emotionally demoralising for them and all their loved ones.

TheBlueRanger said...

baby darren,
sigh..........

g,
sigh.....................

etceteramommy said...

I'm very sad to read this. I hope both your fren and baby are fine. Our prayers will be with them...

Shannon said...

OH NO!!!!
Just read about it today... Been away mar... I hope there's more news and that there's good news to tell... is there????