Jensen's age

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Ethan's age

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

02 July 2007

Rice & Soup

13 months, 1 week & 3 days old.....


Ethan had rice and soup yesterday for lunch and dinner. I've tried to feed him that a couple of times in small quantity. He seems to like it. So, I've decided to upgrade him to rice from porridge. The soup (the ABC soup) has tomato, carrot, tofu, potato, salted vege, chicken and onion. He took two bowls of rice with soup for lunch and a bowl for dinner. Pretty good result.

The balance. The rice is from Sarawak. It's a bit darker, softer and more fragrant. Cannot be found in the market.

The little one was having flu for the past 2-3days and vomited twice due to coughing and phlegm. The coughing turned pretty bad at night. The first time he vomited was on Saturday morning after eating porridge and the second time was last night. After he vomited, at around 11p.m., he couldn't go back to sleep. Toss and turn, made some noise and screamed too! So, I was patting him on and off for almost 2 hours. I didn't loose my temper at all and wasn't angry a bit with him. Just in case you were wondering where is the daddy dearest, well, he was sound asleep. His snore was louder than Ethan's noise. Normally, in this kind of situation, I will be cranky too. But last night, I didn't. In fact, I was worried when he vomited. I fed him Chinese medicine for his flu and phlegm. And, I fed him rice also. I was scared that his tummy was upset due to one the things.

This morning, he woke up to his usual self and I was relief. But, I woke up late and reached the office late by 45 minutes. The alarm went off for don't know how many times and I kept switching it off, until it gave up and stop by itself...hehe. I almost take emergency leave until I remember that I have to submit something to the CEO. Dang!

12 comments:

etceteramommy said...

I have not included rice into Ryan's diet yet. Bits of rice here and there from our meals got la.. Hmm.. maybe it's time to introduce something new...

Btw.. nice scrap wor..

LHS said...

wah,so early you start rice for Ethan? anyhow, if he is ok then should be ok la..

do visit to my kid's blog : -
http://quinsiya.com/blog

jazzmint said...

eh try the vicks on the feet..it works wonders leh

Anonymous said...

Wahh..eat rice already. Big boy liao.

Baby Darren said...

wah..can eat rice already..easier for you all when bring him out for dinner...

Glad that he is feeling better now..sometimes see them suffer from illness also ng sei tak to scold them when they are cranky..poor you..hope u have a good night sleep tonight...

Anonymous said...

vomit + flu + cough + phlegm = wind + blocked nose + toss & turn + yam kung!

Anonymous said...

Hi--such a big boy now! My little one started rice at about 10 months and was fine.

Nadia said...

Love the scrap! :) And yeah, Irfan loves rice and soup too..

Nina @ BabyBoon said...

poor handsome baby....glad to hear he woke up his usual-self.

hey why kind of rice is that la..? do tell. is it extra nutritious or something..?

CL said...

Malaika likes rice as well. I have yet to introduce her a all-rice meal. Perhaps I should try soon.

Sasha Tan said...

now that he is eating rice it is easier la. My son been eating rice since *count fingers* err forgot liao. easy la. travel also easy, makan outside also easy. good la. But hor...dun feed him salted vege la. his tumy beh tahan

ND said...

see..that's the good thing having a sarawakian hubby.rice supply from sarawak