Jensen's age

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Ethan's age

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

19 July 2007

A Scary Thought

13 months, 3 weeks & 6 days old....

Yesterday, hubby went to our apartment's management office to complain about the Astro reception and he heard a lady was complaining about something, which the management office can't do much but was rather scary. We met this lady a few times. She has a son, I think, who is same age as Ethan. So, what she complained was about her maid, who ran away leaving her SON ALONE at home! What a scary thought! I just couldn't imagine Ethan being left alone at home and cry for hours. The thought of it made me shiver and stop breathing. She said her maid could have fall in love with one of the guards there and ran away with him because she didn't take a single thing with her, not even the passport. Anyway, that's not the point lar. I will never ever leave my son with a maid alone at home. Even if you don't give her keys, she can still escape in many other ways if she wants to, right? And what about fire and other emergency? My my my...........

I'm not saying that she shouldn't do this to her baby (I don't know what happened in between also coz hubby also didn't 'kepoh' with her) but I'm just so scared thinking of what happened to her son. It's very traumatising. I know it's a very tough decision for working parents when it comes to child care. I believe whatever the decision is, we as parents have considered every pros and cons and do what we feel is the best for the baby and for us.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

One of my maid rana way right under my nose. I was heavily pregnant, almost due, bathing together with JS, and she just vanished like that when I got out from the bathroom. Less than 10 minutes all together.

jazzmint said...

left the kid alone.teruk lah

etceteramommy said...

At least the maid did not run away with the baby.. that's even worse. But then again, leaving a baby at home is such a high danger. Arrgh.. better stop my imagination here else lagi takut..

TheBlueRanger said...

montessorimum,
luckily you were at home with JS

jazzmint,
yeah lor

etc-mommy,
scary isn't it

Nina @ BabyBoon said...

etc. mommy is so right! luckily the maid didn't run away with the baby!! and you know what... my thinking is the along the same lines as yours. i dont ever want to leave gib alone with the maid either. that's why next month when we moved to our own home, i'm willing to wake up extra early to send gib and the maid to my mom's place. no way i would leave them alone, just the two of them. but i know i'm lucky coz i have the option not to. some working moms don't have this option. in the end, i guess some of them are forced to leave the kids with the maid.

Baby Darren said...

my neighbour's maid ran away too but she left the baby at my another neighbour's house (who has a maid too). Come to think of it..really scarry...

Yeah...i totally disagree on leaving the baby with a maid...this people can never be trusted. If I have to work, I'd rather send to babysitter than maid.

Nadia said...

Oh dear... so scary!

Lemonjude said...

Better don't let kids be alone with maid...now maid are clever enough...

Btw a million dollar tag waiting for you.

Anonymous said...

Hi BR--I don't even let our babysitter take my little one in the car anywhere. We restrict how far they can go from the home.

Leaving the child alone is outrageous.