Jensen's age

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Ethan's age

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

24 June 2008

Our Very Own Photobook

2 years, 1 month and 2 days old.....

After four months of designing, I finally managed to complete our very first photobook last Friday. I sent the file over for printing and made the payment on Friday itself. Before I sent, I called them up coz I saw on their website that they are giving free shipping to Malaysia and Singapore. Unfortunately, it's free for those who are using their latest version of software/ Mine was the old version coz I downloaded it sometime end 2007. Yeah, it took me that long to make up my mind that it's worth the money. I asked the guy if i could transfer my file to the new version of their software and he told me it's impossible. I need to redo the whole thing using the new software, which I told him no way! I'm not going to waste my four months of effort. Actually, the price difference is only about RM10 with the free shipping coz they have increased their prices.

In the end, I sent them the file and they delivered to my office on Thursday afternoon. I was so excited and satisfied with the result. The qualities of the print and papers are really good. I showed it to my colleagues and they all agreed with it.

The photobook is a present for Ethan's 2nd Birthday. I compiled his pictures from newborn up to his 2nd birthday. Designing it was not difficult as the software is user-friendly. The only downside of it is you cannot 'undo'. So, the safe way is to save the file everytime you make a change and if you are not happy with it or accidentally do something wrong, just 'refresh' the file. Pretty tedious.

Another very time consuming task is downloading all the digital scrap book images. The images/background provided in the software were very limited and I don't like them. However, they told me the new version is better now but I haven't seen them so I don't know.

I spent four months on it because I wasn't doing it all the time. When I'm dead with ideas, I left it for a few days before start working on it again. Another thing is, I practically doing book scrapping using the software. So, 40 pages, just imagine the work required.....and I'm not a 'pro-scrapper' like Nadia and Jazzmint.

A little insight to my photobook.....

The cover page.

One of the few introductory pages

My very own idea of using photo as a background
and adjusted the transparency

Month to month update

My colleague said this photo looks like
one of the Merdeka commercials




19 comments:

Anonymous said...

well done dear...never though that you good in scapping. remember to show me on sunday when we visit ch&ms.

Anonymous said...

Hey.. you did great! Mission accomplished. I hv also downloaded the software many eon moons ago but still no progress :(

jazzmint said...

eh very nice lehh...i like the one u adjusted the transparency of ethan's pic, vy matching with the coloured photo :)

Anonymous said...

what digital scrap book that u using? how u download the image to photobook?

TheBlueRanger said...

annie,
ok, i'll bring it.

i saved the images in my pc and by using the photobook software i just select the images from the folder. you can then do whatever you want with the images.

etc-mommy,
'kah yaw!!'

jazzmint,
thanks! i like that one too. i purposely adjusted the transparency to 50% coz the photo itself is blur

Blessed mum said...

wow! Impressive! I thinking of getting one now...

CL said...

very nice leh, where can I download the software?? and how does it work?

TheBlueRanger said...

blessed mum,
hehe....tempted ler

malaika's mummy,
go to www.photobook.com.my
it's very simple to use

Anonymous said...

wah, very nice...
well done!!!!!

TheBlueRanger said...

thanks!!

Leona said...

HI! I am a newbie in blogging. Came across yur site. Ethan has lovely eyes...

Nadia said...

Absolutely gorgeous! I don't have the patience to do the photobooklah. Haha. So malas! And my favourite page is the one where you adjusted the transparency of Ethan's picture. :) Well done!!!!

p/s: Me no pro laaaa.. hahaha!

Baby Darren said...

Wow....very nice photobook you have for Ethan. A great birthday gift for him. I love your design and especially the baby picture you have adjusted the transparency to use as the background. You are very creative.

TheBlueRanger said...

leona,
Thanks and welcome to the blogosphere!

nadia,
Thanks :-)

TheBlueRanger said...

baby darren,
Thanks!! I hope he likes it when he grows up.

slavemom said...

Nice! U said u're not a pro, but the outcome vy pro leh. ;)

TheBlueRanger said...

slavemom,
woaw...thanks

nuhaafnan said...

this is sooo nice lah, worth every penny!~

TheBlueRanger said...

thanks!!