Jensen's age

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Ethan's age

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

28 January 2008

My Marks of Triumph

Marks of Triumph - they are ugly and permanent. I'm one of the many unlucky mothers who get the so-called 'marks of triumph' or otherwise commonly known as stretch marks during pregnancy. I started applying cream to prevent stretch marks at an early stage of my pregnancy but too bad my skin was sensitive and red itchy patches started to appear on my tummy area soon after. I did not know why at first. The itchiness was so unbearable and I couldn't refrain myself from scratching it. Once I suspected that the culprit was the stretch mark cream, I have stopped using it immediately. Then some colleagues recommended olive oil and I applied it until I gave birth. No side effects but I don't think it helps anyway because the stretch marks started to appear during the last trimester and they are here to stay, forever.

When I did a little search on the net later, I found this - "Though cocoa butter is an effective moisturizer, no research studies have shown its ability to either prevent stretch marks, or improve their appearance once a stretch mark has already formed." How I wish I found out about this earlier. Perhaps the next round, I will try revitol stretch mark cream instead.