Jensen's age

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Ethan's age

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

21 May 2007

Why Ethan James?

Pretty mama, Yvonne, tag me on this one. I think it's a good tag. All parents give names to their children for some good reasons. Sometimes, a good name may sound funny when it's pronounced wrongly, especially English name pronounced by Chinese. R becomes L (like Rainbow becomes Lainbow), D becomes T and so on. This is the first thing I looked into when we were looking for the right name for our baby boy. I told hubby about it. I've done a lot of research on the internet on baby names, printed them out and let hubby looked at them. Actually, I used to like the name Benjamin and I insisted on James (after Ethan's grandpa) as the second name. Then, hubby wanted Ethan. I counter proposed Ian. After much negotiation, hubby still insisted on Ethan. He seldom make decision. So, when he made one, I just followed lor. The meaning of the name Ethan is Firm & Strong. I hope he will be a man, who is firm with his decision and strong in his health. The origin is Hebrew. The meaning of the name James is Supplanter (don't ask me what it is). The origin is also Hebrew.

As I think it's a meanigful tag, I want to tag the following babies/toddlers:

Baby Gib
Baby Darren
Baby Dillon
Baby Phoebe
Princess Xin Yi and Bao Yi

----

Instructions :

**Start Copy**

Proposition: What is the meaning of your kid’s name?

Requirements: write about what or how or why you giving the name to your kids.

Quantity: FIVE PEOPLE.

Tag Mode:1st - You leave their blog and post link and add to the list below.2nd - Let the blogger you want to tag know they been tagged by comment in their blog or etc.

Baby Malaika - since u took so long to decide a name, sure has great meaning.. :P

Baby Belle - wants to know a little bit more of yr cutie massaeur's name

Baby Irfan - Hehe, take your time... knowing ur still recovering from pox

Baby Ethan - Ethan recovered already time to share with us his name lor

5 comments:

etceteramommy said...

Hehe,, thanks for replying the tag. Actually I tot of Ethan too before we decided on Ryan.. But hubs like Ryan more.. so.. respect him lor.. :P

jazzmint said...

oo I like the name Ethan oso hehe

Mommibee says HI from Sydney said...

Thanks so much for the tag :D I got tagged this one earlier and did it already too (in my new blog for tags and such), hehe. So i edited and included ur link. thanks again. Can be viewed at
www.mommibee.com

CL said...

Happy Birthday, Ethan.

Anonymous said...

Great work.