Jensen's age

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Ethan's age

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

25 May 2007

Update on Ethan

1 year & 3 days old........

The first thing I want to update is on teething. Ya, another teething crisis is on again since last week. He will cry in the middle of the night. He has actually adjusted to one midnight feeding at around 4 am. Ever since the starting of this teething crisis, he will wake up at around 11-12 midnight and cry.
Giver water - cry!
Give pacifier - cry!
Give milk - finish

He will sleep after drinking his milk and wake up again at around 4am. It's his normal feeding time, so ok. Just give milk. In between the feedings, he will go EHH! EHH! EHH! like once every hour with his eyes closed. Have to look for the darn pacifier and put into his mouth. Sometimes, he will throw the pacifier and cry! So, have to pat him back to sleep.

Last night was the worse. The teething gel given by his paed has to be discarded because Ethan punctured the tube with his teeth. We went out to buy Dentinox at the pharmacy after dinner . We brought Ethan along thinking that he will fall asleep in the car easier. NO! We gave him milk in the car before we get moving and he didn't sleep. Not a tiny bit of sign. He made so much noise when I went to buy the gel while they waited in the car. When I got back, he was all teary and I quickly applied the gel on his gum but it doesn't help. Still fussing. Once we reached home, I gave him water, tucked him to bed and he dozed off quickly. That was around 8.30 pm. Phew! Thought the cream helps. Dead wrong!

At 10.30 p.m. - WUAHHHHHHHHHHHH!
Give pacifier - throw!
Give water - uekkk!
Pat his buttock - WUAHHHHHHHHHHH!
Give milk - finish
Give pacifier - WUAHHHHHHHHHHHH! Throw!
Pat his buttock - WUAHHHHHHHHHHH!

Wah..I was already boiling and boiling inside....can make soup already.
Want to scold - control.....control
Want to spank- cannot......
Still boiling.......

Hubby came to the rescue. He carry Ethan and try to pacify him. Still unsuccessful. In the end, hubby brought him out. Immediately after hubby opened the door, Ethan stop crying. He continue to sleep in the spring cot. Fine. I went back to sleep....@#$%!@#$#$.......Cannot sleep....
Blink...blink....blink - 11 pm
Blink...blink....blink - 12 pm, still cannot sleep
Blink...blink....blink - hubby brought Ethan in
Blink...blink....blink - 1 pm, hungry! drink milo & read magazine
Blink...blink....blink - 2 pm, zzzzzzzzzzzzzz


(Got this chart from Karen)

P/S: Like the way etc. mommy and malaika's mummy record the age of their babies on the post. It's easy to recall when did the things actually happened. Hope you all don't mind me doing the same way. (I'm no copycat..hehehehehe)

7 comments:

etceteramommy said...

Waloa, u so patient. For me, I think the poor fella kena spanked edi. :P

Hahaha, no copycat la. When I read other babies' blog I find it difficult to relate to the incident with their age, so I decided to write it down on my posts so its easier to refer next time. No need to look at calendar and start counting ma...I'm a very lazy mummy. :P

Nina @ BabyBoon said...

great chart! I for one could use some tips on how to keep track of baby's teething. Gib's crankiness is increasing.. I don't know whats gonna happen next.. alamak :(

CL said...

I copied from etcetera mommy one. I actually wrote down on a book as well.

Baby Darren said...

sounds like darren's sleeping pattern. All this babies really giving mommies headaches and testing our patience....

Hope the teething crisis end soon...

jazzmint said...

aiyo..i can feel ur pain, why like all boys liddat ah...

eh the chart very nice ohh..but i really lost track liao with 2 kids. just put in monthly updates in blog

Sasha Tan said...

haha reminds me of jayden when he was teething. Kepal pusing also. Everything also cry and throw. Eh ethan still on midnight feeding ah? stop ler..

TheBlueRanger said...

etc mommy,
we same same lar..dragon mummies

babybooner,
I like the chart too.
Motherhood is full of excitement!

malaika's mummy,
Ohh...like that ar

baby darren,
yeah! really torturing...

jazzmint,
i think when ethan grows up, i want him to pamper me like what i did for him

sasha,
actually after trying your method, the feeding reduced from 2 to 1 edi..