Jensen's age

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Ethan's age

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

29 July 2008

Chicken Pox: Update

2 years, 2 months & 1 week old.....

When I wrote the last post, Ethan has actually recovered from Chicken Pox. The blisters had dried up. He was as active as usual. Thanks to all the mummies who dropped by this blog and gave your well wishes.

Although Ethan is vaccinated for Chicken Pox, I know there are chances that he will still be infected. I did some searching on the net and I found this from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention to share with you all:

While no vaccine is 100% effective in preventing disease, the chickenpox vaccine is very effective: about 8 to 9 of every 10 people who are vaccinated are completely protected from chickenpox. In addition, the vaccine almost always prevents against severe disease. If a vaccinated person does get chickenpox, it is usually a very mild case lasting only a few days and involving fewer skin lesions (usually less than 50), mild or no fever, and few other symptoms.

While blog hopping, I also read in other mummies' blogs about the problem of feeding medicine to their children. I'm glad that I don't have to go through this. With the frequency of Ethan falling sick, I think I'll go nuts if I have to force feed medicine to him every time he falls sick. Unlike many other children, he likes medicine (please don't let my words jinx this...pleaasseee........)

I don't know whether or not to be proud of this but I'm definitely glad that he has no problem with medicine. When comes to feeding medicine, I just have to pump the medicine into the syringe and pass it to him. He will then happily pump it into his mouth. See it to believe it...hehehe



Note: Mummy was a little slow. Ethan has almost finished pumping the medicine when the video started. He still wants to play with the syringe afterwards.

8 comments:

saya said...

hope little ethan will get better very soon...

Blessed mum said...

ha..my kids loves medicine too! i thought they were the odd one..;P

Hope little ethan recovers soon! Take care.

slavemom said...

Luckily Ethan just had a mild case of CP. Ooo... eating meds on his own, willingly? I'm green with envy! I know some kids like meds. Unfortunately mine aren't those kids. :p

Nadia said...

Glad to hear that he's better now. :)

Leona said...

WOW... i am totally amazed with Ethan's willingness...so amazing la!
My Ryan is totally 180 degrees opposite of Ethan.

Ann said...

Really good that he is alright with medicine - traditional or western! What more can feed himself with syringe!
*clap!clap!*

Lemonjude said...

Mine too like to eat medicine *faint* I think the taste of the med is no longer like last time, nowadays more are like orange juice to them...

May b you can feed with spoon already. Sometimes I agak-agak pour the med into the spoon...lazy to use syringe.

Anonymous said...

Oh no. Just got to know about his CP. Glad all is good with him.

My son, one of the drama kings when it comes to medicine. Each day he gets to drink 3 'specially mixed' Vitagens/Yogurt drink during those 'sick' period. Sigh.. big sigh!