Jensen's age

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Ethan's age

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

04 June 2007

Dizzy

I'm dizzy with my works at the moment. Luckily Ethan has been good except for the fever on Friday, which lasted until Sunday. It was from the MMR jab he took the previous Friday. The paed already warned us that the fever will come a week after the jab. Really! It came 'ngam ngam' one week after that. He did not cry a bit during the jab nor when the fever attacked. He took porridge like normal but refused milk especially during day time. I think, of all the 3 times I made milk for him, he took only 5oz. altogether. I've made him 6oz. each time. Should have reduced that.

We went for 'dim sum' on Saturday morning with my family and then left Ethan under my mum's care while I went to MidValley with hubby. Crazy, I tell you. We left my mum's place around 10.30a.m. and reached there at 11a.m. and the parking was already full. We made a few rounds before getting one. I swear I don't want to go there after 12p.m. My mum fed Ethan's porridge. He took 2 bowls but vomited almost everything after that. He was coughing lately and with phlegm too. He slept from 12.45p.m. until 3.00p.m., when we just reached my mum's place. Ok lar, at least my mum will not be too exhausted.

I got a pair of shoes and 2 pairs of trousers. I will be travelling to China for work this Sunday until the next Sunday. My walking shoes (I need to walk a lot during the trip) and the trousers are pretty worn out and not presentable. So 'pai sieh' lar if I were to wear them on an official trip. The first reaction my youngest sis gave me when she saw the shoe was 'yiaaikkkkkk!'...meaning ugly lar. I kind of agree lar but still have to defend my decision mar. I have problems with my legs now that I cannot wear high heels. It just hurt too much. So, I opt for a comfy pair lar. As usual, comfort does not normally come with style and at cheap price. Even my hubby said the shoes look very 'aunty'. He's the one who's very 'chin chai' with style one. Normally I'm the one who always tease him for bad style. Sigh....

I've been worrying about leaving Ethan under hubby's care for 8 full days. I don't how he's going to manage it without anyone's help. PIL are tied down with other things. My mum is taking care of my sister's baby. I asked him few times 'can you cope?'. He said 'cannnnn'. Seriously, I don't know how. I just pray that Ethan will behave and healthy during this period.

Going back to work, preparations for the trip are pretty settled. So, it's not much of a problem. BUT! I have a seminar coming up on the first Thursday after I come back from China. I have to complete a report before I leave and my boss just asked me to draft a speech for the Dep. Minister, who will be officiating the seminar. Die lar....I have to complete the 2 things I hate the most in a week time. Hiakkkk!

11 comments:

N a d i a said...

haiyaaa...so bz meh? pity you. never mind. can finish one. don't worry. heheh.."very auntie" style? hahaha...
but then again, it's always like that when it comes to comfy shoes. pity us kan?;-)

anyway, have a good trip in china & take care.

CL said...

Have trust in yr hubby. He can do it.

I also wear very auntie shoes and clothes nowsaday. Comfy wat.

Have a safe trip to China.

jazzmint said...

wahh...i'm sure he can, no worries ;)

TheBlueRanger said...

nadia,
ok lar, still go back at 5 but not much time for blog hopping..hehe

malaika's mummy,
ya lor, comfy what & thanks
jazzmint,
lets keep our finger crossed

milkmaid said...

this really sounds like me asking my hubby, he too will go "cannn".

Dont worry - should be okay. Just take a good break and have some personal time for yourself too.

TheBlueRanger said...

milkmaid,
haha! your hubby is also like that ar

Anonymous said...

Wah, 8 full days under hubby, hopefully he can cope, just try and see la..since u tied down with works...

My hubby, ask him to take care 3 hours at night also reject me...

Save journey to u..

Nina @ BabyBoon said...

really feel pity for you after reading this entry.. what a week it'll be for u and your family. Bet u'll miss ethan so much right.. You know what, I'd be worried too if i were u, but one thing about husbands is that they can be pretty resilient when they want to be :) yours sounds like he's a very good dad..surely it wont be a walk in the park but i think he'll be okay :)

Baby Darren said...

Happy working!

I'm sure you will miss "them" very much and they will miss you too. Anyway, take this opportunity to catch up some personal time and let your hubby takes charge of Ethan. I'm sure he can handle it well. Have faith in him.

Wish you a safe journey to China.

Anonymous said...

wow! remeber to shop!! ;)

TheBlueRanger said...

judy,
thanks. my mum just offered to take care of ethan on sundays. phew!

baby booner,
i'm missing him already

baby darren,
i will and thanks.

esther,
haha! you never change..me too :-)