Jensen's age

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Ethan's age

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

13 April 2009

Cluttered Mind

A few untoward incidents happened today. First of all, (d@#n the gov) I have to pay extra RM1k income tax, even after deducting the PCB. My salary is already so low and still have to pay so much tax (it is a lot to me). Why? Coz the gov is so hungry for money and has started taxing us on meal allowance that we got for travelling. Stimulus package....WHAT STIMULUS PACKAGE!! For God sake, that money was given to us to buy food! If we eat McD every day, then we might have a few extra $$ left for some souvenir shopping. The worst part is, we are not allowed to get exemption on money spent on food by showing them the receipts. In other words, if you get RM200 per day for food and you spent it all on food, the gov. is still taxing you the full amount. I am really PI$$ED!!

Secondly, the pipe in my house is leaking. Fortunately (or unfortunately) the water drips to the car park which is one floor below my unit. As it is not someone's house, no one complaints. But if it is somebody's house, we can share the cost of repair. The water mark on the wall is already 1 feet high and spreading across the whole wall in the living hall and my bedroom. We have identify a plumber to fix it but hubby said he's too busy to apply leave. So, I might have to apply leave. Worst case scenario is, the plumber might have to hack the wall/floor to seal the hole and we do not know how big the damage is coz we cannot pin point the source of the leak and where should we start hacking. After the plumber finish his job, we have to look for people to fix the tiles and paint the wall. If we can get the same tiles, then not so bad. If not, we will have different colour tiles on the floor.

Thirdly, I wanted to register for a course and need to submit my examination transcript and certificate. I lost them and went back to the University to get them. They said they will not issue another cert so they will just give me a letter to say that I lost it. I paid and submitted a form. To my surprise, they called me 2-3 days later (I thought it takes them at least a week) to inform me that the papers were ready. So, I went to collect the papers last Monday BUT they only gave me the transcript and not the letter. Fine. They said they will do it and call me when it's ready. I haven't receive their call until now. The worst part is, the line was either engaged or not answered when I called!!!! How on earth that could be? I called another no. and the guy asked to call back the same no. coz. he does not have the details. The closing date for submission is 15 April. Wish me luck.

I couldn't think anymore. Talking to people around me did not ease my frustrations either. I hope the day will be saved by some good news.

9 comments:

ShannonC. said...

hey, correct me if i'm wrong...
i tot for 2008, we can have Rm2k or something meal allowance exemption? there's 4 allowances that are exempted from tax for 2008, isn't it?

TheBlueRanger said...

Shannon,
If the meal allowance is given on a regular basis e.g. RM3 per day for factory workers, then it is tax exempted. For meal allowance that is given only when you travel (local and overseas), those are taxable. It is written clearly in the guidelines. 'Geg hei'.

Like my colleague said, how many co. are giving fix meal allowance to workers? Normally only factory workers get it and most of the time they do not have to pay tax. So what's the point of putting in such exemption when only a handful of people are benefiting from it.

annie said...

this morning i listen to radio and they advice how to fill up the tax form.

company can get meal allowance exemption from gov. so that the employees will not get tax. y they cannot put it as reimburstment claim instead of fix allowance? as fix allowance got tax.

Nina @ BabyBoon said...

stoopid govt. kick them in the a$$ also they wont improve.

hang in there yeah.. hope things get better somehow.

Family First said...

I guess we have to go "all out" in the next general elections! I also f*&$# paid almost 1k for my income tax in addition to the monthly deductions!!!! F&**$$$!!!!

Baby Darren said...

government really s%^&ks!! They even increase the tax amount despite this kind of economic situation.

Well...cool down..settle one by one and hope everything will be settle soon for you!!

Sasha Tan said...

alamak u just reminded me that I belum settle my income tax. And got so many deductions edi? alamak.. i am realy from out of space man. Slowly.. one by one sttle k?

Anonymous said...

my husband already starting paying tax for the NEXT YEAR and that is bloody next year man!! they are so bloody generous to fund back IF we've paid more than the actual amount which of course we only know at the end of the bloody next year!! what the fuck of paying and paying and continuosly paying even for an unknown amount?!! GOD bless us.

esther

Nadia said...

Babe, you knowlah the gomen - they're just as pathetic as ever. This whole income tax thing is a blardy pain in the a$$! Why can't they just blardy get the blasted PCB right? I mean for someone that does not have too much side income (rental etc), the figures shouldn't lari so much right? It irks me like hell too! Pay salah, tak pay lagiiiii salah! Dammit!