Jensen's age

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Ethan's age

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

04 September 2008

2nd & 3rd Day At School

2nd Day At School (3 Sep 08)

Not a very good start for the day as I missed the turning to the school. I still followed the way to the old daycare and only realised it right before turning down to the highway. After using the same road for 2 years, I guess my mind has not register the new way I should be taking now. I had to make a U-turn to go back to the school. Wasted some precious time for the silly mistake.

When we arrived, the little one refused to walk so I had to carry him from the car to the school. He also refused to go down after we entered the school. I had to sit with him and played with him and let him warm up a little with the Aunty and kids there. Perhaps he's scared that I'll sneak away again like the day before. After spending some 10-15 minutes with him, there was no improvement as he still want me near him. I knew I will be late for work by then but I don't want to be late by an hour so I have to take action. I carried him and handed him to the Aunty and she had to practically pry him away from me. He saw me leaving and was crying when I left the school.

I called the school to ask about his progress in the afternoon and was told he's coping with the new environment. Actually, as long as he's not crying all the time or cause too much trouble, I'm not too worried cause he's been at the daycare all along. What I'm worried more is the people who's taking care of him. Once I got to know them better, I think I can settle down too. It's not only the child needs to settle down right? That's why I hate it when there's a change of people who is taking care of Ethan. I need time to settle down!!

When I picked him up after work, he was all happy and chirpy again. I was told he cried for a short while after I left. When the class started he refused to join in so the Aunty took him to the playing area and he watched tv for around half an hour before joining the class again. Other than that, he was ok.

3rd Day At School (4 Sep 08)

There was slight improvement this morning as I managed to coax him to walk in to the school and put his shoes on the shoe rack. He was quite jovial when I asked him to sit on the chair outside so that I can snap a few photos of him in his uniform for the first time.

After a short photo session, I carried him to the door as he refused to walk there. He knew what I'm up to. It was locked so I called out for the Aunty to open the door for us. Once he heard the word 'Aunty', he said 'No Aunty' angrily and held on to me very tightly. After we entered, I had to again coax him to sit down and the Aunty took out a few toys for him to play and tried to play with him too. Too bad, it didn't work out well as he still want me near him and sit down with him. I knew the trick was not going to work and I had to leave or else I will be late for work again. So I carried him, told him to follow Aunty to the kitchen and look for sweets. What a lie! He of course refused but I just handed him over to the Aunty and he cried out 'Mummy, Mummy, I want Mummy!!' as they walked in to the kitchen. I said 'You go with Aunty first, Mummy take the key and then go with you'. Another big fat lie!!! but he seemed to be buying it and I heard silence for a while before I grabbed the key and camera and sprint out of the school.

Sigh.....I hate lying to him like this. Can't wait to pick him up from the school. Another long day to go.



13 comments:

Sasha Tan said...

i think u gotto tell him "I'm going to work now. I'll come back later okay?" I did it to J last time. He also cried like mad but after a few times, telling him that, he said bye bye mami to me.

Sasha Tan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
CL said...

Ethan is willing to wear the uniform??? My girl, until today, I still need to bribe her with chocolate. :(

Anonymous said...

It's heart breaking I can understand. Hopefully Ethan can get adjusted soon.

I also know my boy will react exactly the same as Ethan when I send him to pre school next year. :(

Ann said...

Oh....hope the weekend will not make it tough again on monday! He seems to be progressing along well!

slavemom said...

He's a smart boy. He knows wat u're up to. Hv to be more creative in distracting him. But he seemed ok after he's settled down. Hope he gets used to the new arrangement n environment soon.

Nina @ BabyBoon said...

he looks so handsome as always ;) hope he's adjusting well now.

Anonymous said...

everything seems alright to me. good choice you'd made to switch from that bloody ol'school.

esther

Nadia said...

Hope you and him are adjusting well. He looks adorable in the uniform. :)

jazzmint said...

he looks so cute in the uniform. i'm sure he'll adjust soon

Angeleyes said...

aawww.... so 'sam-thong' to see him liddat...

Hope you have found a good place for him... sometimes things like these takes a long time... I dreaded my time to come... which I know will be very soon...

cre8tone said...

enjoy ur schooling day :)

kunthanrajan said...

hello friend..u ahve a nice blog..i like it very mush…i like to link it ot mine blogrolling ..do u wish the same do reply..me freind….at http://kunthan.blogspot.com