Jensen's age

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Ethan's age

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

28 April 2008

Let's Go To The Zoo....

23 months & 6 days old.....

......There are lots of things to do...

I used to hear the song when I was young. I think it was a KFC song because there used to be a KFC restaurant at the zoo. Well, it's no longer there.

We brought Ethan to the zoo two Saturdays ago (19 April 2008). We planned to go there before I left for my overseas trip but we didn't make it that time because I had to prepare/ pack for my trip. So hubby brought us there after I returned.

We arrived at around 12.30p.m. and we visited the elephants first. Ethan was terrified when he first saw the elephants and giraffes. He held on tightly to hubby all the time. Shortly after we entered there was a light shower. We waited for the rain to stop and proceeded with our walk. The weather was extremely humid after the rain and all of us sweat like crazy.

Held on tightly to daddy.


It's not moving that's why he's not scared.



The second agenda was to take the train ride so that we can rest a little before heading to the animal show. Ethan kept saying 'too too train' everytime a train passed by. The services of the train has been improved. It comes with a guided tour now and the rides are more frequent.

After the train ride, we went to the animal show. Ethan was awed by it especially when the birds performed. We decided to leave at around 3.30 p.m. as it was way past Ethan's nap time and I can see he was exhausted. He slept in the car shortly after finishing his milk (with the milk bottle still dangling in his mouth).

Couldn't contain his amusement with the birds' show.
This expression lasted for a good 10 minutes.


All worn out. He dropped the bottel from his mouth
just when I pressed on the the camera.


I would say there are no drastic changes at the zoo compared to my last visit about 5 or 10 years ago, but I think the animal show and the train ride have been improved. Oh yeah, no more KFC there, which is pretty sad for me because I still remember sitting inside licking my finger while watching the flamingos outside.

I think it's a great visit for Ethan although he's scared of most of the big animals. After the visit, he showed great interest on animals especially the figurines we bought for him a couple of weeks ago. Before this, he didn't show particular interest on them but now, he would bring them to the daycare and whenever we go out. I wouldn't mind to bring Ethan there again.

14 comments:

jazzmint said...

wah no more KFC...we sure gonna miss them

Anonymous said...

ooo.. one of the few things I rmbed of our zoo was the KFC.. now also gone. But glad Ethan had fun. I find the distant between spectators and the animals are much closer compared to the zoo here.

Nadia said...

I've been wanting to bring Irfan to the zoo for a while, now. But wasn't too sure if they still had animals there. Haha! Nways, glad to hear that Ethan had fun - minus the KFC. Nyeh!

Baby Darren said...

I was planning to bring darren to zoo also (remember I mentioned zoo in the messenger with u that day in the airport?)..mana tau you went already...anyway, glad to know that Ethan loves the animals there and have fun...

TheBlueRanger said...

jazzmint,
i bet you do..

etc-mommy,
the kfc is more like a landmark hor...now gone, so sad

nadia,
oh, don't worry the animals are still there...hehehe. some are still in their sorry state

baby darren,
yeah, i still remember. that day after we all changed for lunch, hubby suddenly said want to bring ethan to the zoo. i 'mm yan sam' to delay it and spoil his mood

we can still go there. i'm sure ethan wouldn't mind

Blessed mum said...

sounds like a fun trip for him..

nuhaafnan said...

alamak, what is a zoo without kfc hor? ethan's face is sooo angelic in the last pic

Sasha Tan said...

yeah no more KFC :( no fun.

I wanted to bring J to the zoo but they said beter not cos me is preggie. Sigh... wait la..

TheBlueRanger said...

blessed mum,
yeah

raggedyanne,
haha! only when he sleeps

sasha,
eh, preggie cannot visit zoo mer??

slavemom said...

We've nvr brot the kids to our zoo as I heard it's not worth visiting. But seems like Ethan's having a good time n it was good that it made him interested in animals.

karenyiau said...

We went to the Zoo in April too, it was so hot and Dillon fell asleep before we could finished walking around the entire Zoo so we left early. Will go again.

Btw, Ethan looks so handsome la.... lady killer leh... :)

TheBlueRanger said...

slavemom,
for that kind of price they charge, i think i shouldn't complain lar...and it's not that far too. where else to see some real moving animals if not at the zoo ler...hehe

karenyiau,
yeah, it was crazy hot and humid.

eh, your son also handsome ler

Nina @ BabyBoon said...

yeahh i miss the kfc too! ethan's awed-face is so cute! hmm maybe we should take gib to the zoo too once i'm well enuf ;)

TheBlueRanger said...

if you are going, better make it early in the morning. bring a small fan too :-)