Jensen's age

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Ethan's age

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

22 March 2008

Bad Things Come In Three?

22 months & 2 days old....

This will be the third consecutive post about Ethan being sick. Another episode of fever on Thursday (20 March 2008) evening and this time was because of throat infection.

(Updated on 24 March 2008)
I was only half way through the post when the Internet connection failed me. So, I have to update it now. Sorry to Darren's mummy that you have to read my unfinished post but thanks for your comments.

Actually, the throat infection came from me. I wasn't feeling well last week but I couldn't refrain myself from kissing Ethan. Hehehe....

Anyway, the fever lasted for a day and he is ok now (finger crossed). He was all well and happy before the fever. We went to the mall for lunch and some marketing. No symptoms or what so ever. Suddenly the fever came in the evening. We brought him to see the paed the next morning and he confirmed that it's due to throat infection. No antibiotic this time because he said it's not very serious and let the body fight for it. However, if the fever persists for another day then we should go back and ask for the antibiotic. He's right. Ethan won the war this time without antibiotic. A slight relieve.

Sigh......I am so paranoia now. I will touch his forehead whenever I wake up in the middle of the night (worry that he might have fever) and check his throat whenever he laugh or obligingly open his mouth when I ask 'where is your teeth?' (to check for throat infection and blisters).

Enjoying his carousel ride at the mall before he had the fever

8 comments:

Baby Darren said...

oh....poor boy.....one round after another. must have infected from the day care la...

hope he is getting well soon. U got to take care too coz it is very easy for mommy to fall sick after the kid.

slavemom said...

It's true that after a few rounds of getting sick, their immune sys will get much stronger. Well, that's how I console myself when the kids get sick vy often. :D
My girl loves this carousel ride too. At IOI, right?

Lemonjude said...

We visit paed after one another, I went there the evening before you. Yeah, my boy infection too..very bad...2nd round course almost finish still got phlegm.

Anonymous said...

Aiyooo.. mommy naughty ar. But luckily it was just a mild one. My son had a nasty throat infection few weeks back. Fever shot to 39.4 at one point at night. :(

Speedy recovery :D

Nadia said...

Oh dear. One after another. I hope he's better now. Get well soon, cutie pie!!!

TheBlueRanger said...

baby darren,
thanks again. what you said is true but i'm more frustrated when i couldn't have good night sleep than being sick (touch wood!)..hehe

slavemom,
yeah! it's ioi. it's a must stop place whenever we are there. he will keep asking for it.

lemonjude,
phlegm will be there for quite some time. i normally stop the medicine given by paed. after 2-3 days when he's almost recovered and switch to chinese medicine. i dont like him taking too much 'western' medicine.

etc-mommy,
yeah, i read about that in your blog.

nadia,
thanks! he's all well and healthy now :-)

Kelly said...

Ethan...always so cute & adorable!!
should b ok now kua...

TheBlueRanger said...

kelly,
oh thanks. he's ok already lor.