Jensen's age

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Ethan's age

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

04 December 2007

Pacifier No More

18 months, 1 week & 5 days old.....

After 1 week, I think it's pretty safe for me to say that Ethan has successfully wean off the pacifier. YAY YAY!!!! No more worries that he will choke on the broken pieces. I have stopped giving him the pacifier since last Tuesday, the day I wrote the previous post. I bought another 2 pacifiers on that day as I was unsure whether or not to wean him off. It's like asking me to stop taking coffee, man. I can never do that. I even took coffee when I was pregnant, only reduced amount.

So, on that night I gave it a try and he slept without much problem. He took milk and water and dozed off not long after that. Actually, I was the one who was feeling like something was missing as I think pacifier is very soothing. I don't have the heart to force him. I was thinking if he whine or kick up a fuss and refuse to sleep, I will give it to him. To my surprise, he did not. Phew! Then came midnight when he will normally wake up looking for his dummy. I did not give to him either. After a few pat, he dozed off.

The routine continued until today and he will still wake up in the middle of the night whining. Sometimes, when patting failed to cool him down, I have to scold him. Then, he will go back to sleep. If I ignore him, he will come up to the bed or cry even louder. Oh yeah, milk helps too.

Now, I have three spare pacifiers.

21 comments:

Nadia said...

Yay!!! Congratulations! We're in the midst of weaning Irfan off too. And just like you, I pun tak sampai hati sometimes. Hahaha!

jazzmint said...

congrats!!!

Anonymous said...

Congrats! He really looks like ang-mor boy!

TheBlueRanger said...

nadia,
thanks! wish you luck.

jazzmint,
thanks!

huisia,
wah, thank you! thank you!

Anonymous said...

Hi BR--that's great! I've never been a big fan of the thumb or the pacifier because once they learn to use it, they have to be weaned from it.

So nice to hear that things are going so nicely (smile)!

Lemonjude said...

Bravo to Ethan. Ya, my boy also dun wan me to hold his hand to walk even he can't walk really well yet..

Nina @ BabyBoon said...

oh wow ethan! yayy! goodness gracious these kids get big so fast don't they?! keeping my fingers (and toes too!) crossed for you in hopes that ethan's completely 100% weaned off without any problems at all. congrats blue ranger!

Sasha Tan said...

WOW ! Congrats!

u're good, not like me :S

TheBlueRanger said...

the new parent,
just being lucky :-)

lemonjude,
they want freedom mar. headache when bring him out to the mall

babybooned,
thanks for the support and well wishes. there are few more things to wean off as he grows. so, i need more well wishes from you. haha!

sasha,
hey there. didn't see your comments for a while.

there's no good or bad lar. just different style in parenting.

CL said...

congrats.

Ethan is a big boy now.

BTW, got a tag for you. http://malaika-xiaoyu.blogspot.com/2007/11/true-blue-award.html

Audrey said...

First time here. Congrats! You manage to do it when a lot of kids have a hard time giving it up. You should give yourself and your little one a pat on the back for this one!

TheBlueRanger said...

malaika's mummy,
thanks! and the tag, thanks for it too.

tot's mom,
thanks for dropping in. in a way, i'm glad i started it and proud that ethan made it.

Kelly said...

Wow! not much hardwork !
Congratulations!!
Sure dance in joy!!!
Clever Ethan & mummy!

Baby Darren said...

wau...thumbs up for mommy and Ethan. Really great that he finally weanned off as it poses so much danger if he continues to bite the pacifier like that..

clever boy!!

Sarah said...

Wow and congrats Blue Ranger!!! I'll definitely take your tips for my kid in the near future :)

About coffee, I didn't take it for the first 6 months and then I said oh when the heck, I took a cup a day I think haha. Man I love my coffee!

TheBlueRanger said...

kelly,
thanks. considered lucky this time.

baby darren,
thanks. i'm glad he's weaned off the pacifier. now, i have to slowly switch him to soft spout for the milk bottle.

phantasma,
thanks. hope it helps.

oh, you are coffee lover too? cheers!

Lady Gargle said...

Yeay! Ethan is a big boy now :) and he looks so cute geram tengok! :)

Maybe what you can do is to take his used pacifier and keep it in an 'Ethan Box' or something so that later when he grows up you can show him his pacifier. That would be great :D

TheBlueRanger said...

Great idea! Somehow I never thought of keeping his stuff for memory sake. I have a habit of clearing things. Don't know good or bad. For Ethan, I will start one 'Ethan box' now. Thanks!

Everyday Healy said...

LOL! I am lucky to meet such a handsome boy here. Hi, Ethan. Nice to meet you! Can I kiss you instead of holding hands? But, remember... I don't kiss boys with pacifier. hehehe...

TheBlueRanger said...

Hi there! Welcome to Ethan's blog. Sure you can kiss him, he's off the pacifier now. Come lar..

slavemom said...

That's one fast n ez process for u both. Congrats! Now no need to 'pokai' liao. :)