Jensen's age

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Ethan's age

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

22 August 2007

15 Months


Hmmmm…..Ethan is already 15 months old. When I looked back at the photos when he was a newborn, I miss the days when I hold him in my arms as a tiny baby. All he did was sleep and drink and cry of course. Now, he crawls, he walks (like a zombie), he babbles, scolds us, throws tantrum, pretend to cry and what not. Thinking back, it was not that difficult taking care of a newborn compared to a toddler. Wonder what comes next.

He has picked up quite a few words from us. If I give him a piece of biscuit and say ‘ahmm’ he will put the whole thing in his mouth. But if I say ‘bite’ he will bite it bit by bit. When I asked him if he wants something, he will shake his head if it’s a 'no' but stare at me blankly if it’s a 'yes'. He doesn’t know how to nod his head yet.

His favourite words now are:
  • Bird = bird
  • Ball ball = ball/balloon
  • Book = books
  • EHPPPP! = not happy
Other than that, he will babble in his own baby language, which we don't understand.

In terms of weight, he is 10.2 kg now. Weight gain was very slow for the last few months.

I have started to feed him rice since 2 months back but only give him once a week or less. He was sick so often lately, so I just gave him porridge when he was not well.

I'm also giving him supplements (cod’s liver oil & Colostrum) on a daily basis now in the hope of boosting his immune system. I think it helps. (Touch wood lar) He is cleared of cough and cold for more than a month now ever since he started taking the supplements. But, he was down with fever once. I think his body needs some time to build up the immune system.

11 comments:

etceteramommy said...

Glad to hear ethan's immune is building up. What is colustrum ar?

N a d i a said...

yeah..you're right. taking care of a toddler will definitely "drain" our energy to the max! tu baru sorang tuuuu!..aiyaaaa...sometimes i said to my deena, "why not you get back inside my tummy & stay there?"...hehehe..

p/s: fyi, while i'm writing this to you, she's busy 'terrorizing' the house!..and i just finished cleaning up the house less than half-an-hour ago..huuwaaaaaaaa

TheBlueRanger said...

etc-mommy,
It's a supplement (from Pharmanex, a MLM company) that gives the same benefit as mother's milk/colostrum. I think this one is from cow's milk. I bought it through someone.

nadia,
hehehe...being a SAHM is more challenging than your work at your ex-company rite? but at least now you serve one boss instead of 2 bosses.

Mommibee says HI from Sydney said...

happy belated 15 mths! he's grown so much from the infant photos i hv seen in ur blog.

Nina @ BabyBoon said...

happy belated 15 months Ethan! my GOD he looks bigger and bigger everytime you put up his photos. i think ethan is simply gorgeous. what a heartbreaker (or future-heartbreaker lah)! by the way, i'm wondering..can the colustrum be taken by babies below 1 yr old..? saw the paed today and totally forgot to ask her. dang! i'm praying that ethan won't get sick also. gib is a lot like ethan.. i hope with time their immune systems will improve...

jazzmint said...

good to hear that his immune system getting better.

i'm also giving my boy cod liver oil :)

Sasha Tan said...

wah give colostrom also ah? i saw in the mkt la...but dunno whether to give so many types or not.

Nadia said...

Happy belated 15 months!! :)

TheBlueRanger said...

mommibee,
Thanks!

babybooned,
Hoohoo, so you really changed the name. About the colostrum, I'm not too sure. The best thing to do is to check with the paed. first. But, it's good that you are still breastfeeding Gib. I only breastfed Ethan for about 2 months, something I regretted so much.

jazzmint,
Yeah, the cod liver oil is really good and does not burn a big hole in the pocket.

sasha,
If Ethan does not fall sick so often, I think the cod liver oil is good enough lor.

nadia,
thanks!

Baby Darren said...

same feeling here as they really grow so fast. It's really very tiring to take care of them nowadays and at times they even tried to test our patience with their naughty behaviour.

Hope the supplements can help to boost up his immune systems. Really heartache to see them fall sick.

TheBlueRanger said...

baby darren,
that's why i salute SAHM like you