Jensen's age

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Ethan's age

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

28 September 2010

Sunday School (Updated with photos)

4 years, 4 months & 6 days old.....

We have started going to church again since the last two weeks (started on 19 September 2010). Actually, me and hubby have been talking about it for a few months but never made it because of the timing. I know, it shouldn't be an excuse. The service at the church we used to attend starts at 8.30 a.m. It means that we have to wake up at 7.30a.m. on a Sunday morning. It never happened until one day when I was talking a man on the phone about work. I knew him from work but didn't know that he was a Christian. I called him about work and soon the conversation shifted to family, raising kids, etc. Then he said that we should guide our children properly so that they would turn out well and not ended up as criminals or something bad. He asked me if I'm a Christian, I said yes. Then he asked if I go to church, I said 'no'.....shame on me. He said I should bring my son to church and attend Sunday school so that he will learn about God and a person who fears God will be a better person in life....'ting ting ting'....those words really hit me hard.

Instead of watching cartoon at home on a Sunday morning, now we bring Ethan to church. We found out about another Church with a service at 10.30 a.m. Perfect!! The first time we were there, Ethan stayed with us and he was restless but overall he behaved rather well. The second time, I asked around and we were encouraged to send Ethan to the Sunday school, which starts and ends at the same time as the mass. I was a bit worried that Ethan cannot adjust to the new environment but they told me that he will join the age 3-5 group so I was a bit relieved. When the session starts, all the kids will join in. There are around 20 of them and Ethan refused to let me go. I stayed with him until the break-up session. I think by then he was familiarised with the new environment and he saw only kids about his age in the same room. I asked him if I can join Daddy and he said ok. Phew! The room is separated by glass doors from the mass, so he can see me clearly. They also did some colouring after that.

Overall, he was happy after attending the Sunday school and he said he wants to go again and again and again :-) I told him he has to go to school 5 times, then go to Ah Po's (grandmother's) house 1 time and go to church 1 time. As usual, he asked "WHY?" I told him the Church is only opened on Sunday. He said "Oooh"


The glass doors that separate the Sunday school and the mass.
We always seat at the last row so that Ethan can see us.


Eating some snacks after the craft session.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

a very good start!! congrats! hehe.
ashley haven't start hers yet

esther

LittleLamb said...

Hi, is the church in Klang Valley? I thought of going back to church too with a later timing. Care to share with me?

My email is racheljtle @ gmail.com