Jensen's age

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Ethan's age

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

10 February 2009

My Baby Can Cycle!

2 years, 8 months, 2 weeks & 5 days old.....

I bought a tricycle as a gift for Ethan's 1st birthday and he played on it on and off. Most of the time, we just pushed him around in the apartment compound and he always gets bored after a while and ended up pushing the cycle himself. The other day when we were at my mum's place during CNY, he sat on it (my sis has a similar one for my niece) and suddenly I saw him pushing on the pedals and the tricycle moved a little. Seeing that his legs are long enough now to reach and push the pedals, I started to teach him to cycle on that day (yeah!! after buying it for more than a year). He made a little progress and most of the time he cycled backward.

Since then, he's very interested in cycling and there was one day he cycled in Giant while we shopped. I kind of like it coz it's easier for us when he cycled compared to pushing the big trolley around and hitting everyone in his way (he wouldn't let us touch the trolley). In the end, Daddy had to force him to let go of the bicycle coz we're not buying another one just yet. He was crying non-stop on the way home. I told him that we will play bicycle at home and once we reached home, I quickly washed the bicycle and let him played in the house. So there is an additional thing now to clutter our house further.

Here are some photos and a video of him cycling.




7 comments:

slavemom said...

Well done, Ethan! My boy is still not vy interested to pedal. Wud prefer to push himself, by stepping on the floor.

jazzmint said...

bravo Ethan...mine too just interested to push the tricycle himself rather than cycling

Baby Darren said...

wow....ethan so clever...can cycle already...Darren showed no interest in learning to cycle...

Nina @ BabyBoon said...

it's a very defining moment, isnt it?? ;) yay ethan, u go boy! i'm thinking we might bring gib's bicycle to the park soon coz he seems to prefer it more than his other ride-ons now that he can cycle. it hits me everytime i see him cycle how fast these boys are growing. too darn fast!!!

Nina @ BabyBoon said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Family First said...

Ethan so handsome .. look like ang moh boy!

Anonymous said...

I never bothered to get my boy to pedal all these while.. never crossed my mind whether or not he knows until I read your post. So that very night I asked him to pedal, instead of pushing using his legs. Voila.. he can!! Thanks for the post, else I bet I'll still be MCC. :D