Jensen's age

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Ethan's age

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

05 January 2009

Christmas Is Over

2 years, 7 months & 2 weeks old.....

I like Christmas. Probably it's because of the decoration that cheers me up or the holiday (= no need to work) that sets the relax mood. I was on leave from 23 - 31 Dec. SIL and family came over to celebrate Christmas and I thought it will be nice to have a Christmas tree at home. If we went back to hubby's hometown to celebrate Christmas then I guess I would not have insisted on that. So, for the first time in my life, I decorated a Christmas tree. We bought a small tree (4' height) at RM39.90, very cheap. After adding all the ornaments and lighting, the bill tripled. I was so eager to put up the tree that I started immediately after we came back from the mall. That time was around 11pm and I completed it more than one hour later. Ethan was happy to see the lights and he gave me a big smile. Worth the effort, I thought. Unfortunately, his excitement lasted for only 10 seconds.

Our first Christmas tree!


Ethan with the tree and presents

After getting the tree, I thought it would be nice to have some presents under it. I told hubby the idea and he said "Of course it's good to have presents" and that's it. No mention of buying, what to buy or when to buy. Nevermind, I went ahead and bought everyone a present, a total of 7 of them (excluding myslef). So, I told him I'm the Santa Claus this year coz I gave presents only. My nephews (3 of them) were so happy to see the presents with their names on them when they came to our house. I'm so glad they were happy. At least I know someone appreciates my effort. Ethan is happy too but not because of the presents (he's too young to understand what is present) but there will be 3 cousins to play with.

On Christmas eve, we went to Malacca with SIL's family. The Eye On Malaysia is there but we didn't take the ride. They have beautify the river bank and I think the money is well spent. After a half-day sightseeing tour and lunch at the Jonker Street, we adjourned to A Famosa Resort. The last 2 times I went there, I stayed at the bungalows but this time, we booked the condo. They have a few blocks of high rise buildings but they look rundown and to some extent look haunted. Only a few units on a few floors were occupied and the foyer area of our block was idle. The reception, cafe and swimming pool are at another block. We went to the basement parking but what we saw was only old furniture. The place is used as storeroom and abandoned! No wonder all the cars were parked outside. We even saw a man (looks like someone who was staying there) took a framed photo from a store room near the lifts. Luckily the studio room was ok. Whatever it is, I will not stay there again.

He loves the guitar!

After checked-in we rested for a while and went to the water park at around 4.30pm. Ethan had a ball of the time and the weather was perfect. The park is not well maintained and some of the rides for adults were shut down. Some of the facilities at the play area were faulty too but it didn't affect us coz Ethan just played with the slides. After shower, we went to the Cowboy Town for dinner and watched the Red Indian show. My advise: DON'T EAT THERE!! All you get is expensive lousy food. The rides are lousy too. Worse than the local funfare. The only good thing is the Red Indian Show, which includes a parade and firework. I think the parade and firework are special programme catered for Christmas. Not sure if they have the same thing for normal days. If not, not worth going.

We just lazed around the next morning before checking-out and went home. I think the kids enjoyed the trip but for that kind of money, I prefer Genting.



Thrilled with the rides

Waiting for the show to start


Dozed off less than 5 minutes after the show started


We also took the kids to Aquaria KLCC on Saturday, 27 Dec. It was darn crowded especially during the shark feeding time. The area was so packed that I had a hard time squeezing in with Ethan. I had to be kiasu for the sake of my son...hehe....We got to the centre after some people left the area. By then, I was already drenched in sweat. When he saw the guy feeding the giant ray, he was stunned. He just watched without saying a word. After watching the show, we went back to see other exhibits which we missed earlier on.

Other than the two places, we just spent the holiday eating and shopping.


Surprised? Frightened?


Shark Feeding Time but we didn't see the shark


Posing with the turtle before going home

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

i guess he just pretend to look frightened! haha what a cute expression!

esther

Baby Darren said...

quite an eventful holiday. Ethan looked so big boy already. Won't he pull down the ornaments at the christmas tree? I never dare to put up mine coz I'm sure darren will it down for me one by one.

The mood is def different with a christmas tree around.

The last few pics of Ethan looked so cute...hehe..

jazzmint said...

looks like Ethan enjoys himself vy much this christmas :)

Anonymous said...

finally a tree...let uncle anddy be the santa next year

Nadia said...

I love the last pic of him. Lots of mischief in there! LOL!

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year!

Hahaha.. was he imitating th way how Daddy sat while waiting for the red indian show??

slavemom said...

Looks like it was really fun for the kiddo at A Famosa. Well, water park = fun yeah.

Nina @ BabyBoon said...

what a hectic time! u know what, ethan looks like a really big boy in that first picture near the xmas tree. i got a real shock!

TheBlueRanger said...

Esther,
as cheeky as ever

baby darren,
he didn't, just accidentally hit the tree while playing balls at home

jazzmint,
kids are so care-free

anddy,
it's a promise then?

nadia,
i agree

etc-mommy,
you're sharp :-)...thought of putting that caption but since daddy's leg was barely seen in the photo, i drop the line

slavemom,
exactly

babybooned,
yeah...he lost the chubbiness...i miss those terribly

Leona said...

The expression on Ethan's face at the Aquaria is classic!!!

Sasha Tan said...

he has many different expression and his face can lok different at different angle. Very unique and handsome