Jensen's age

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Ethan's age

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

17 November 2008

He Fell Down on the Road!

2 years, 5 months, 3 weeks and 5 days old.....

The little one gave me a heart attack when he fell on the road. We were attending a friend's baby's fullmoon party on Saturday evening and were about to leave. While I passed the bag to hubby, the little one escaped our grab and ran towards the road. I gave chase and the more I called out for him, the faster he ran. The road was a little steep and we were going down the slope. I wanted to scream 'ETHAN STOP!!!!' but did not want to embarrass myself in front of everyone. I knew he's going to fall but I just couldn't catch up with him. He was fast and I'm fat.

In the end............he fell...as expected. He tripped and rolled on the tar road (I think twice) and lied down on the road facing down. Looking at the way he fell, I was panicked. I thought he must need some stitches somewhere. I quicky picked him up and he was crying. His nose, forehead and hand was scratched and bleeding. The worst part was his nose. The scratches on his hand and forehead were very minor. His legs and knees are ok, thanks to his trousers. I brought him back to my friend's house and washed the wounds. After some thorough inspection, I'm glad and relieved to find that he didn't have deep cuts and no need to be stitched up.

After cleaning his wounds, he has stopped crying and back to normal again. This little rascal can give you heart attack and he is all happy and dandy again before you can recover from the shock. After that only I realised that hubby was sitting outside chatting with friends while I clean him up. He didn't even checked on Ethan. Man oh man.......He did helped out with Ethan while I chatted with some friends but I never expect him to sit there and wait when he knew his son just fell down. If you are concern, will you just sit there and not go find out how your son is? I was upset to see him sat there while I was worry sick. But I was so worried about Ethan at that point so I forgot to be upset with him. Sometimes, I just don't understand and I have forgotten to ask him too.

So, Bee if you are reading this, tell me what was in your mind, ok?


Ethan posing happily with the scars on his nose.....and
of course his latest obsession, Ultraman. He wouldn't
let anyone touch the Ultraman.


Closer view of the scar


The scar on his hand

20 comments:

Nina @ BabyBoon said...

ohmyGod! i'm just really really glad that he's not seriously hurt!

about the hubs... well, men are mysterious creatures. mine's the same..

maybe the frens demanded for attention? it always helps to imagine the best out of our mars-counterpart..?

hang in there and hope the cuts heal well!

jazzmint said...

oh dear. thank god it's minor scratches and there weren't car coming. boys are like that, at least i can tell u mine is sama gang. he thinks that running n chasing is a game

TheBlueRanger said...

babybooned,
they are my friends, my classmates, so i'm 100% sure that there's nothing more important to talk about than to go find out how is his son. anyway, let this be another mystery

jazzmint,
yes!! thank god there's no car. lets put our boys together and let them chase each other until they pengsan

Blessed mum said...

gosh! that's really give any mommy a heart attack!! Glad he only substain superficial injury..

hmm...my hubby usually is more kan cheong than me when comes to "injury"...

I-Li said...

Glad to know that Ethan is ok. However, I'm still a little worry if the scrathes leaves scars on his nose... I'm soooo sorry for that... (the accident happened coz you came to Jaiden's fullmoon party). I hope young kids skin can recover faster and leave no scars...

slavemom said...

Aiyo... luckily nothing serious happened. Boys will be boys, huh? Hope the cuts are healing well n fast. When they're starting to dry up, hope he won't scratch them too much.

Family First said...

Ooh i was feeling worried while reading but glad to see a smiling face of him. Hope he gets well soon.

Leona said...

I can understand how u feel at that time especially when you are so kan cheong abt Ethan and your hubby is so 'cool' about it. Anyway, important thing is Ethan is okay and his wound is recovering...

Anonymous said...

Luckily he is ok, my heart feel relieve at the end of reading this post...hopefully Ethan remember how he fall and hurt and not to run away else where if mummy not along...

why ah? daddy cannot be kan cheong while son get hurts...

Anonymous said...

I think I would have screamed my lungs out. But if Ethan is like my boy, the more I scream, the faster he can run. Sigh...

Tsk tsk.. welcome to the ultraman club. You'll soon get to know the different names of the Ultraman :P

Unknown said...

boy will be boy ....hope Ethan wound is recovering.

same with my hubby....really got no idea how to educate them...may be have to act more "kan cheong" then they know.

y all boy automatic like ultraman, car..power ranger?

CL said...

Ethan still looks happy with scatches on his nose, hehehe... boys will be boys

Men argh... sometimes, they are very insensitive one.

Anonymous said...

poor ethan with the scar but so lucky he didn't hurt so bad.. the way he fall down on the road was really scary!! no surprise you was panicked as hell.

esther

Nadia said...

OMG! I almost had a heart attack reading your post! Thank god there was no on-coming car. Phew. Don't worry about the bruises - he's a macho boy now. Hehe.

TheBlueRanger said...

Blessed Mum,
You're lucky..

I-Li,
Wei...No need to feel bad wor. It can happen anytime, anywhere and it's not the first time Ethan had a fall.

slavemom, familyfirst, leona & lemonjude
he's getting better now, thanks :-)

etcmommy,
sigh....we got 3 ultraman CDs & 2 figurines

annie,
haha!! it's better they like ultraman, power rangers than barbie dolls lar

malaika's mummy,
yeah....

esther,
yeah lor...somemore it's a tar road. he's really lucky

nadia,
luckily, it was gated community so not many cars around.

Baby Darren said...

Oh..thank god he did not injured badly. Tar road are very dangerous and it must be very painful. But kids forgotten about pain very fast.

If i were you, I would have shouted from my lungs out. But as u said, the louder u shout, the faster he will run. So, in this kind of situation, it is still best not to shout.

Darren also just knocked his cheek at a table while he was running fast and hubby was not able to catch hold of him. He hit and bounced back (like a ball hit the wall) and gave all of us a BIG SHOCK. Thank god he was not hurt badly.

Well, maybe your hubby felt that he was not badly hurt, that's why he was still leisurely chatting with friends. I'm sure he concerned about Ethan. Sometimes men and women see things differently. My hubby is the opposite. He will overly worried till at times I feel pressurised.

Ann said...

Ya, thank God he is alright and there were no cars etc around.

Hubby ah....well, thinking a consolation way, it could be that he knew you were capable tot ake care of everything and let him know if you needed help.

Guys are like that sometimes no? But frankly, I would have been mad too!

TheBlueRanger said...

darren's mummy,
I'm always the one who get overly worried about things. I try to let go but sometimes just cannot help it lar. I think I will age faster than him.

ann,
haha!! i thought of that too to console myself.

Anonymous said...

haiyo! So scary!
Kids are very fast so we as parents really have to be extra careful. I never leave my boys on the ground when we are out until we reach indoor. There just too many accidents these days... so I'm getting paranoid...

Luckily your Ethan has only mild injuries...

Anonymous said...

Amazing! Thank god it's minor scratches and there weren't car coming. Baby is like that, at least i can tell u mine is sama gang. he thinks that running n chasing is a game