Jensen's age

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Ethan's age

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

16 October 2008

Miscommunication

This incident taught me on how a simple miscommunication can lead to disaster. I arrived at Ethan's school at around 5.30 p.m. yesterday. It was raining. As I was getting some updates on Ethan from the Aunty, a boy about 5 years old appeared at the front gate, crying badly and keep on saying 'I want Mummy, I want Mummy'.

We did not know what happened but according to the Aunty, he was supposed to be at the music class, which is few blocks away from the school. He walked by himself in the rain and to get to the school he has to cross a main road, which can be quite busy at that hour. After hearing this, I felt very sad. I felt the boy's fear but glad that he was ok.

The Aunty asked the boy to come inside and wait for his mother while she tried to contact her. As she was searching for her number, the mother appeared at the gate and rushed to the boy saying 'You scared me'. I was so relieved to see the mother and son reunited. The boy was still crying and the mother kept on asking if he's alright.

Apparently, there was a mis-communication between mother and son. The mother thought he was not attending the music class thus nobody fetch him after the class. One thing I don't udnerstand is why the teacher there will let the boy go out by himself. Anyway, I did not say anything. Just glad that they were reunited and the boy was not harmed. I did offer her an umbrella but she said no need as they are staying nearby.

4 comments:

Ann said...

Oh, scary!

Yeah, can't understand why the teacher cannot call the mother also to come collect the child!!!

Anonymous said...

OMG.. poor boy. Walked under the rain. If I'm the mother I will screw the musci school teachers gau gau!!!

slavemom said...

I think the centres for dancing/music/extra-curricular activities shld be more alert when it comes to younger kids. Altho some of the students r teens, they shld pay more attn to those younger ones. Make sure they don't go out on their own. Make sure the person that fetches the child after class is the guardian, etc.

Nina @ BabyBoon said...

yeah definitely scary! just imagine if he got lost.... or worse, taken. my GOD i feel like cannot tidur already just thinking about it. and this is definitely a reminder for me when gib starts going for extra curricular classes like music and whatnot. some of those places really couldnt care less abt where the kids are.