Jensen's age

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Ethan's age

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

15 February 2008

New Year Feast

20 months, 3 weeks & 3 days old.....


We did not go anywhere (far) during the Chinese New Year's holiday so we spent most of the time eating and playing mahjong (hehe...that's me). Put up a few nights at my mum's place too. For the reunion dinner, my mum cooked hot & sour sea cucumber (my utmost favourite dish), stir fried mix vege with abalone, steam chicken, duck...can't remember what else we had. It was also the beginning of my weight gaining journey...sob sob

Receiving the first ang pow of the year from Poh Poh

Ethan was having fun all the time. We were at my mum's place almost everyday and my sister was also there with her family (husband and daughter, Tessa). The two of them kept each other company but Ethan likes to bully her. He likes to grab whatever toys or things Tessa was holding and when his cousin cried he also cried, even louder. Other than telling him that what he did was wrong (which I'm not sure if he understand), I don't know what else to do. I tried to give him a little spank on his palm when he misbehaved but he came and hit me back. So, I think I can only discipline him with talking? Pray hard this will work.

1st day of CNY, we went to Liyen at the Ritz Carlton for dim sum. Nice food, nice ambience but the variety of dim sum was not that great. They don't serve 'siu long pau', my favourite :-( After breakfast, we headed to my mum's place again for lunch and mahjong. Ethan refused to be left out of the game so he sat on my lap and played along. My cousin called him 'choy san yeh' (god of prosperity) because he gave money to other people (from his mummy's pocket lar). Dinner was at the California Pizza Kitchen, KLCC. Brought Ethan to the park nearby after dinner and he had a jolly good time there.


Breakfast at the Liyen, Ritz Carlton


Dinner at the California Pizza Kitchen, KLCC

2nd day, we didn't go anywhere but stayed at my mum's place. Some close relatives came for a visit. 3rd day, we plan to go out to the mall but the little one decided to take a long nap (from 12.30p.m. to 4.30 p.m). So we went for a walk at the park and fed the fishes at the lake there. Ethan liked the outing very much especially the part where he can throw the (expired) bread at the fishes. After that, we headed to my mum's place (again) for dinner. My aunt (mum's sister) were there too.

Feeding the fishes and tortoises

4th day, morning dim sum, gathering with my classmates, lunch at home and dinner at Saisaki. The buffet spread at Saisaki was good and I didn't manage to try every single dish there. Just too many! We spent at least 2 hours there and Ethan had problem sitting down for too long. Made some noise and the whole restaurant could hear him. Paiseh.


More ang pows!

5th day, went to Seremban to visit my uncles and aunties. Not much eating on that day because I figured out it's time to stop eating like there's no tomorrow. My cousin asked me if I was pregnant! That's how much weight I put on! Don't know when it started but the feasting during that few days definitely made things worse.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

hahha! think that would be the only time to loosen up the zipper and gallop! i'm more worse! you're better that people only suspecting you expected. mine look like 5 months! terrible! gong xi x2!

esther

CL said...

Gong xi fatt choy.

I have gained some weight eating all he junk food. :(

Nadia said...

Waaaaaahhh... manyak angpow, ah? Haha!

slavemom said...

Kung Hei Fatt Choy! When u called him 'choy san yeh', I thot he was bringing the $ in. Mana tau it's for others. hahaha Hey, 'saik tak hai fook'. Unlike me, cannot eat all the good food coz sick.

jazzmint said...

gong xi gong xi...really alot angpau eh.

ethan look so grown up in the pics

TheBlueRanger said...

esther,
come, we diet together!

malaika's mummy,
you so slim, no worry la.

nadia,
not bad actually...hehe

slavemom,
hope you got better now. sometimes eat too much also can fall sick esp. all the heaty stuff

jazzmint,
many in, many out also ma

Sasha Tan said...

wah like mahjong marathon ah u.. hahahanext time we can have blogger mahjong session edi. hehehe

TheBlueRanger said...

you play too? normal days i don't play lar. now, my hubby associate cny with mahjong

Nina @ BabyBoon said...

try as i might, i cannot understand mahjong! dang.. i feel blurr.

anyway, that scrap you made of ethan's many pictures is wonderful; ethan looks like such a big boy (he is!) and with those sunglasses on, i can even imagine how handsome he'll look when he's all grown up. oowwhh.. now i feel sentimental pulakkkk alreadyyyy..

TheBlueRanger said...

thank you so much for all your compliments and taking the effort to drop by here and share your thoughts even though you are not feeling well. hope you are on the road of recovery.

Baby Darren said...

a very relaxing and enjoying CNY ...unlike ours..so busy and tiring.

Kelly said...

come on, don't bluff! few days eating looks like pregnant? unless u really are... so are u??
Ethan in read really looks like gal gal lah....sweet !

TheBlueRanger said...

baby darren,
i'm sure you enjoy it too rite?

kelly,
no lar, i'm not.